Old Curved Single Bay Rads replaced with 3 double Not Workin

2) One pipe relies on the rad having short tails. Who knows how long the tails extend under the floor to the main F and R pipes

this sounds like a two pipe

the one that is commented on here is a two pipe system and the rads are just linked like a 1 pipe arangment

no need to dout it works and just as good

Sponsored Links
2) One pipe relies on the rad having short tails. Who knows how long the tails extend under the floor to the main F and R pipes

the one that is commented on here is a two pipe system and the rads are just linked like a 1 pipe arangment

Are you really a gasman, or do you just support Bristol Rovers? ;)

One-pipe is an antiquated system from the days before pumped systems. Long tails are a big no-no. 2 pipes can have virtually any length tails.

The OP's layout may just be able to thermo-syphon on the end rads, but the middle one will miss out.

If it works just as good, how come the OP can't make it work, and his plumber is too embarrased to come back?

because he ent that good probs and i have no problems to say i can get that going if the pipework is ok and the valves

if the block who put the post on trys what i have suggested that will to a degree let him know the valves plus pipework are ok (might still have a small blockage not alowing the full heat)

the size of rads he has there will work on that setup

i ent sayin 1 pipes r gd and that is just 1 rad in effect on a 2 pipe

and it might not work the same as some boilers don't when first installed don't mean they ent working they just need the magical touch

BLINKIN HELL PPL GET RATTY ON HERE LOL

Why can't it just be balanced so it gets more flow to achieve say 10deg between flow and return. That way if the first rad is at say 60deg the last will be 50deg and all feel warm. I would have thought connecting all 3 at the top and bottom will help.
PS I am no expert so at least blindfold me before you shoot me.

Sponsored Links
BLINKIN HELL PPL GET RATTY ON HERE LOL

Nothing personal, just pulling your leg! Different plumbers agree to differ.

Its just that the OP started this whole job because he wanted more heat for the room. The previous rad worked fine, but wan't enough for the room on its own.

All of the things suggested to get this working better will never get it working as well as if each rad was piped seperately.

So the OP will be worse off than they were before.

oh yh i no u want get as much heat to them all the time
but there is no reason they should all be hot

and i am liking this dispute any ways,

my m8 said about this site and i had ago and i wasn't that keen at first but it's alright to come on when i'm at the comp
you can even learn new things in your trade and others whick helps at work and home

but looking at some of these posts some ppl are mean, lol

Yes, a few on here take no prisoners. LOL

They're very polite on the Uk Plumbing forum, but thats a bit boring. ;)

You learn more on here, but have to take the flak.

why the hell would you want to look at three ugly, right angled radiators under a curved bay window for the rest of your life RANT RANT RANT no offence to anyone xxxxxxxxxxx :D :evil: :evil: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: Cuz it`s London - you`d be laughed out the house on a country job - like I said , just add another rad on another wall :idea: and if there isn`t a free wall stick a Myson kickspace under the sideboard - That`s a Country job :mrgreen:

One-pipe is an antiquated system from the days before pumped systems. Long tails are a big no-no. 2 pipes can have virtually any length tails.

The OP's layout may just be able to thermo-syphon on the end rads, but the middle one will miss out.

If it works just as good, how come the OP can't make it work, and his plumber is too embarrased to come back?

Reading the last posts I'll assume Whitespirit66 was joking with the above comments, because he knows sod all about one pipe system if he wasn't. :rolleyes:

As my previous post there's know reason other than a blockage that the 3 radiator shouldn't all get hot.

And the tails on a one system can any damn length they need to be to reach the radiator, the normal practice was TBOE.

i find it funny that most ppl get realy in to it and star *************** and**************** love it but come on carm down

i'm lvin it
i think the bloke who wrote this post about the rads is a legand

to be fair there are a couple of 1 pipe systems but the most common 1 is the 1 you thinking aboyt where they from rad to rad and this is the 1 i no the most about as it ent that hard to work out

Reading the last posts I'll assume Whitespirit66 was joking with the above comments, because he knows s** all about one pipe system if he wasn't. :rolleyes:

As my previous post there's know reason other than a blockage that the 3 radiator shouldn't all get hot.

And the tails on a one system can any damn length they need to be to reach the radiator, the normal practice was TBOE.

Which points don't you understand?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back