Old Curved Single Bay Rads replaced with 3 double Not Workin

BLINKIN HELL PPL GET RATTY ON HERE LOL

Nothing personal, just pulling your leg! Different plumbers agree to differ.

Its just that the OP started this whole job because he wanted more heat for the room. The previous rad worked fine, but wan't enough for the room on its own.

All of the things suggested to get this working better will never get it working as well as if each rad was piped seperately.

So the OP will be worse off than they were before.

thats what i way sayin.............. ratty

Sponsored Links
2) One pipe relies on the rad having short tails. Who knows how long the tails extend under the floor to the main F and R pipes

this sounds like a two pipe

the one that is commented on here is a two pipe system and the rads are just linked like a 1 pipe arangment

no need to dout it works and just as good

Are you really a gasman, or do you just support Bristol Rovers? ;)

One-pipe is an antiquated system from the days before pumped systems. Long tails are a big no-no. 2 pipes can have virtually any length tails.

The OP's layout may just be able to thermo-syphon on the end rads, but the middle one will miss out.

If it works just as good, how come the OP can't make it work, and his plumber is too embarrased to come back?

Reading the last posts I'll assume Whitespirit66 was joking with the above comments, because he knows s** all about one pipe system if he wasn't. :rolleyes:

As my previous post there's know reason other than a blockage that the 3 radiator shouldn't all get hot.

And the tails on a one system can any damn length they need to be to reach the radiator, the normal practice was TBOE.

Which points don't you understand?

All of em, want to try for an explanation :LOL:

And not a 7 page one. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
One-pipe is an antiquated system from the days before pumped systems.

One pipe systems can be gravity or pumped.

Gravity primaries to a cylinder is only a one pipe system.

Long tails are a big no-no.

The longer the vertical tail the better the circulation on a gravity system.

2 pipes can have virtually any length tails.

The OP's layout may just be able to thermo-syphon on the end rads, but the middle one will miss out.

The water goes in one end and out the other, if there's sufficient flow all three section will get hot.

If it works just as good, how come the OP can't make it work, and his plumber is too embarrassed to come back?

Because he'/she is a numpty and doesn't know what they're doing.[/quote]

i find it funny ppl can get argumentative u probably ent but it comes over a little and it makes for a better dibate
i do agree it don't matter how long the run is to the next rad tho
please get it to a 7 page dispute tho

2) One pipe relies on the rad having short tails. Who knows how long the tails extend under the floor to the main F and R pipes

this sounds like a two pipe

the one that is commented on here is a two pipe system and the rads are just linked like a 1 pipe arangment

no need to dout it works and just as good

Are you really a gasman, or do you just support Bristol Rovers? ;)

One-pipe is an antiquated system from the days before pumped systems. Long tails are a big no-no. 2 pipes can have virtually any length tails.

If it works just as good, how come the OP can't make it work, and his plumber is too embarrased to come back?

Reading the last posts I'll assume Whitespirit66 was joking with the above comments, because he knows s** all about one pipe system if he wasn't. :rolleyes:

As my previous post there's know reason other than a blockage that the 3 radiator shouldn't all get hot.

And the tails on a one system can any damn length they need to be to reach the radiator, the normal practice was TBOE.

Which points don't you understand?

All of em, want to try for an explanation :LOL:

On not a 7 page one. :rolleyes:

OK, first one pipes first appeared in buildings like churches and public buildings, where gravity was the sole means of circulation. Furnace lower than the rads. Correct?

There is no blockage here. The rads aren't piped as one pipe, where both tails join onto the same circulating pipe pipe. One tail is joined to a return, and the other tail to a flow.

Can you argue against these points?

Not correct, gravity circuit will, make that have to go down as well as up.

A gravity circuit work by hot water rising and displacing the colder water in the return, once circulation has started there's nothing to stop it, even below the furnace, until the flow cools below the return temperature.

I know it's not a one pipe system, the one major sticking point is the TRV on the return, all the water is trying to get through a tiny hole instead of being injected into the radiator.

Agreed but you are loosing velocity across the bottom of the first rad, and a brick wall with a tiny hole the other end. So it doesn't help .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back