Old Danfoss Thermostat replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hopefully someone doesn't mind giving me a nudge in the right direction. I don't want to make assumptions that I know what I'm doing when in reality, I'm not 100% sure.

I've bought a Honeywell DT90e to replace an ageing Danfoss manual thermostat and have been staring at the wiring diagrams for a few days now without conviction that I know which cable goes to which terminal.

I've taken a photo of the old thermostat, its wiring diagram and the new Honeywell back plate in the hope that someone can tell me what goes where.

Here's the image:

As you can see, there are three cables connected to the existing thermostat using what looks like bog standard flex. Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow.

From the wiring diagram of the old thermostat:
Brown is connected to terminal 1
Blue is connected to terminal 2
Green/Yellow is earth.

I was going to do this on the new thermostat:
Brown connect to Terminal A
Blue connect to Terminal B
Green/Yellow make safe/leave disconnected.

Am I right or about to blow up my boiler?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Bip

Sponsored Links
From the wiring diagram of the old thermostat:
Brown is connected to terminal 1
Blue is connected to terminal 2
Green/Yellow is earth.
If you are 100% sure about this and there are no other wires connected to the thermostat, then your proposed wiring is correct.

You said:
I was going to do this on the new thermostat:
Brown connect to Terminal A
Blue connect to Terminal B
Green/Yellow make safe/leave disconnected.

Just wanted to say thank you for providing the reassurance I needed. I fitted the replacement thermostat over the weekend and it's working as expected. The house now stays a constant temperature instead of the peaks and troughs using the old thermostat.

Thanks again!

Bip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back