Old Neff Double Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main oven is not heating up .I have tested the element (replaced last year) and is fine. Fan is working, Bottom oven and grill working.
I suspect the thermostat .I've seen conflicting advice on how to test but nothing simply explained. It's on the back of the control switch.
Using a digital multimeter can anyone please tell me how to test the stat.
Also what else, and how to test.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
With the power off, remove the wires from the two connections on the thermostat, when it's in the off position it will be open circuit when you turn it past about the 50 degree point it will be closed.
If the thermostat has a supply to it the neon on the control panel will come on with it, you may be able to hear a faint click when the thermostats contacts close.

I can hear a click and both lights come on, the same as the working bottom oven. Does this mean it's ok? Not able to test for continuity yet.

Sponsored Links
Update, it was a defective element, tested it again!
New one fitted
Thanks for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back