Old programmes never to be seen again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of programmes that (I believe) have only been aired once and then never to be seen again are "Rich Man Poor Man" which was good and " Clayhanger" which was not so good.

Any other programmes never been repeated that you can think of?

Sponsored Links
Between the Lines.

Soldja Soldja (afaik).

Triangle.

Real Dodo (thankfully).

During the late sixties and early seventies when videotape was very new, it was expensive stuff but it had one advantage over film; you could erase the tape and use it again.

And that's what happened. It didn't occur to anybody at the BBC or ITV that programmes made for TV might have any historical value - so they were wiped. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The hunt is now on to find old copies. I seem to remember that some episodes of "Dad's Army" were found on film in a skip but, as far as I know, the comedy series "Oh Brother!" has been lost forever. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS: A few episodes of the closely related "All Gas and Gaiters" did survive:

"Spring in the air, Bishop."
"Spring in the air yourself Archdeacon."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Alias Smith and Jones - not Mel and Griff

The Virginian

Black Christmas - ok not a series, but was due to be shown the night Michael Ryan went mad in Hungerford and was pulled as a consequence - don't think it's been aired since although I stand to be corrected.

Tarzan. (Ungowa)

Which means anything from, "put the truck under the carport" to "Kick the nuts of that cross-eyed lion".

that can't be right, clarence the cross eyed lion was in Daktari, not tarzan

Sponsored Links
Back