CV

Crafty

its a well known fact in the HR world that they take a randon 30% of applicants and just throw them in the bin.............this gets rid of all the unlucky people to start off with........... ;)

Good luck and just tell it like it is.

Sponsored Links
Another point I'm not sure has been covered is ... If you are sent an application form with boxes for "Recent Experience", "Employment History" or similar ... Make sure you complete them on the application form.
DO NOT simply enter "See attached CV" ... So many people do this and they always end up filed in the floor mounted, free standing, cylindrical filing cabinet ... I've filed several hundred myself over the years so I'm talking from experience.
Feel free to send your CV also unless the application form tells you not to but ALWAYS complete application forms in full and in your best handwriting ;)
Good luck with the job.

Another little thing you could add is a couple of lines sentence under the heading "objective" - this basically tells the reader what you want from the job and why you are applying.

I personally have of a concise bulleted list showing my previous/current responsibilities - you are not writing a novel so keep it as brief and punchy as possible. Read and re-read it over and over to see what words you can strip out to make the sentences as concise and punchy as possible (without resorting to cr*p grammar obviously). If they want to know more they will ask you during the interview.

If anything in your past is of no relevance to the job then leave it out, I am sure the majority of recruiters don't care a damn what GCSE results their 30 year old applicants got, yet I have seen CVs from people this age which show GCSE, and even 'A' level results. For the type of job you are likely to be applying for at 30, these things add nothing, to the document. (Obviously I don't know your age, 30 is just an example).

Show them you can think this way and eliminate any clutter - companies these days love this 'lean' mentality.

Good luck!! (it's worth checking out the CVs for Dummies book too)

Sponsored Links
Back