Old R60/R80 recessed spotlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone on here can help.

A friend has asked me to change the recessed spotlights in her study, they are currently brass recessed R60/80 downlights. She wants them changed to brushed chrome ones or as a last resort plain chrome. Now these type of lights have been more or less obsolete for ages and im having trouble finding anything suitable.

The diameter of the hole in the ceiling is 110mm and the only lights i can find any where near that diameter are eyeball downlights which she doesn't like. If anyone can point me to any suppliers or websites who may be able to help me id be very grateful.

Cheers guys
Dan

Sponsored Links
What about making the holes larger, and fitting flourescent downlights (TC-DEL, TC-TEL etc type lamps, not CFLs)?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ban,

Just looked at those two links properly, I'm not sure she will be too keen on them and they look expensive, also forgot to say they are on a dimmer so a fluorescent light isn't an option.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

All the best
Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back