Old radiator pipes not warming up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a property where they had a radiator removed a few years ago. The isolation valves + thermostatic valve are still on the pipes and have been shut. However the pipes leading upto the valves are cold, even when the radiators are turned on. I've followed the pipes all the way upto the ceiling where they remain cold. The other rads in the house get warm.

Its on a combi boiler (sealed system).

Does anyone have any idea why these pipes are not getting hot? Could they be cut and capped under the floorboards upstairs?

They want a new radiator fitted where the old one was removed, but i can;t figure out why the pipes are not getting warm.

Sponsored Links
There not getting warm because there is no flow.

Come on Plastic, you should of known that one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

Drainy i know theres no flow but i'm trying to figure out why. Homeowner says as far as she was aware, they were capped at the valves, and no pipes have been cut anywhere else.

Sponsored Links

Naz: Hi BG, got a problem with rad pipes not warming up

BG: OK. We can send someone out, it will be £700 to complete work

Naz: hold on, i you havent seen the fault yet, how can you give a quote?

BG: its fine, we're BG, we'll get work done asap

Naz: Whoa, i havent authorised the work yet!!

BG: no no, its fine the guys are already on site and works begun

Naz: But,......but

BG: you talking about my butt?

Naz: yes, no i mean come on, how did they get there so quick, i didnt even give you the address

BG: You dont need to, we know everything, we can see you, but you can;t see us.....

Naz: yeah whatever

BG: Nice boxers, like the polka dots!

Naz: :eek:

No, I`m a sh*te stirrer, i would be able to answer you question if I was :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Went to a property where they had a radiator removed a few years ago. The isolation valves + thermostatic valve are still on the pipes and have been shut. However the pipes leading upto the valves are cold, even when the radiators are turned on. I've followed the pipes all the way upto the ceiling where they remain cold. The other rads in the house get warm.

Suggest you retrain in knitting or something even less technical if u need help with this :eek:

PMSL - in another post you say that every RGI is a crook, then you ask for help on a simple problem with a rad.

I presume you are not charging the customer for your lack of ability to diaganose a fault

OH MY GOD. Really you have to ask this question? I could tell you right now what the problem is but armed with that knowledge you'd probably put me out of business. I'll bet you now, that you don't own a left handed adjustable so think of the cost of all the other tools you need.
ok I'm not spiteful it needs a powerflush. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back