Old Rectifier Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old German made battery charger, ABSAAR 20 amp with 100 amp boost thats stopped charging . I have AC to the rectifier no DC to the leads although thay do show a small AC of 3 volts.
What would be a good replacement for the rectifier please
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240228_133648920.jpg
    IMG_20240228_133648920.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The schematic is usually drawn as a diamond shape. This is the nearest I could find. AC in top and bottom, DC out left and right.

diode20.gif

Thanks Harry, as the linked one has 4 terminals , would that accommodate 6 and 12v outputs
Usually, there will be marking on two of the terminals like this, or marked 'ac'. The secondary/output of the transformer connects across the those two terminals. It doesn't matter, which goes to which.

There also be one terminal marked +, or +ve, your red goes to that, your black to the one marked -, -ve, neg.

That's an oldy. It's a selenium rectifier, and when the fail, they stink like you would not believe.

100 amps, this should do it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Single-Phase-Bridge-Rectifier-Terminals-Source/dp/B07VPK87MQ
Would this one give a bit of extra safety margin

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Just an update on this, I dismantled the rectifier, cleaned the area between the plates and wiring tabs reassembled and it now works perfectly.... lucky or what!

Sponsored Links
Back