Old Sunvic Programmer/Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just moved into a house that has a seemingly very old boiler with sunvic programmer that I don’t have the manual for.

upload_2020-1-16_17-44-10.jpeg

Wondered if anyone could advise on how to use or where to get a manual?

thanks

Sponsored Links
That is a satchwell Sunvic ET programmer, you could try phoning them and ask if they still have user manuals that they could e-mail you, you are correct a very old programmer, is there and question that you have in particular ?

Thanks.

I’ve emailed Sunvic.

I have no idea how to set the timer, since we’ve lived in the house we’ve just had it on constant, which isn’t so bad in this colder weather but I’d like to be able to set a timer.

you will probably want to change that soon as they are very dated, but if you are asking for advice on changing it, post pics of all your other controls as these were used in different applications and not all programmers will necessarily just be a simple swap, they were expensive and highly regarded 35-40 years ago

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Below is the thermostat and boiler. Anything else you’d need to see?
upload_2020-1-16_19-17-10.jpeg

upload_2020-1-16_19-17-27.jpeg

yes when you switch the HW to off on the programmer but leave the CH set to on does the green LED for the HW stay on or does it go off ?

ok you have a fully pumped system, you will have either 1 x 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves somewhere , common to be in the same cupboard as the HW Cylinder is or if you know where your pump is they are usually near that

Superb, you have for reference an open vented Y plan system with Honeywell mid position valve, which is good news, as if you decide to upgrade your programmer, you will be able to use almost any 2 channel programmer or smart controllers like nest and Hive etc, although sometimes the sunvic programmer is also used as a wiring centre so needs a few wiring alterations but not always

Thanks for your help.

Any idea how much it should cost to replace?
All depends on what you choose to replace it with, there are lots of controls to choose from these days some really good, all depends on how you plan to use your system and your s and your families lifestyles, if you have the same usage most days then a cheap programmer will suit, if you are home at different times every day then a smart system is better as you control your heating with your smartphone , happy to give you any advice on anything, but I never quote prices on here, the person quoting you a price has seen the job I havent so not fair for me to tell anyone a different price

Sunvic had the old manual, here it is in case anyone else asks for it;

Attachments

• et_oper_inst.pdf
    104.5 KB · Views: 400

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back