Old texecom 88 and iPhone app?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a premier 88 with v8.01 loaded (I think it's about 7 years old).

I'm planning to add on a comwifi unit shortly, which sounds pretty straightforward.

Here's the question:

I know that officially the apps aren't supported on anything pre-8.14, but is there any way I could get the iPhone apps up and running once I've fitted the comwifi unit?

I'm hesitant to upgrade the firmware given the possibilty of bricking the unit, and the need to replace the nvm also...

(I know I could replace the panel, to an elite series, but I'd rather not waste the old panel if I don't need to...)

I'd be grateful for any thoughts, particularly if anyone had managed to get iphone apps working with something in the v8.02 era...

Many thanks,

Mike

Sponsored Links
It probably would work , and not .... Finding the the push notifications hit and miss and connecting to the panel also hit and miss , think they have issues with this at the moment ...

Thanks.
Everything seemed to go well with fitting and programming the comwifi unit from the computer, until it came to programming it into the panel, which seemed somehow to have bu**ered the settings on the comwifi so I can't log into it either from the network or its own wifi. Gnrr! Does anyone know any way to reset the comwifi unit without being able to log into its wifi, please?
Thanks!
Mike

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back