Old Vaillant Boiler Engineer??? anyone out there in Devon??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:D Hi Guys.

Really in need of help! I've just moved in to a bungalow in paignton with my little 4 year old boy..Playing under a duvet coz it's cold!. We have a vaillant boilers vcw sine 18 t3 w?
I've tried to turn it on but it doesn't do anything!
Does any one know of a boiler repair company or person in my area to come and look and repair it who would know about these boilers. I've had one boiler chap out who took one look at it and said "oh no its a vaillant i bloody hate them" and left! :eek:
I know the boiler is 23years old but i haven't got enough money for a new boiler and need to fix this one! Before we die from hypothermia.

Sponsored Links
Have a look through the viewing window and see if there is a pilot flame and what does the pressure guage read on the front of the boiler.

No, and nothing on the timer thingy either no numbers. 1 and a 1 bit bar on gauge
The bungalow was a reposession and it's been empty for a year and a half plus.

If its been standing that long probably better to get it checked over, I am sure there is someone from devon that posts on here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Picasso! thats what i was thinking.... :)
If anyone can recomend anyone in devon please let me know.

if u feel confident enough to try you can remove the front cover to gain access to the inside of the boiler housing you will find the electrical control wiring box (please make sure you isolate the boiler from the supply point first) then remove the cover on the wiring control box by removal of some small cross head screws,inside you will see two small fuses on the right hand side,either or both of these may have blown but there should be two spares inside the wiring compartment(possibly inside the lid).
If neither of these have blown check the fuse in the power supply point for the boiler,ie Fused Spur or maybe it could be the Main Fuse on the properties main domestic supply board

Thanks, i'll have a look.
but i would still like someone to come and look and possibly service it so i now it's ok if there's anyone out there??? please :D

If it's a repo then the odds are that it was working for the previous owner. Is there a spur (electrical switch) that needs switching on? It may be something really simple.

Be better lighting the pilot first . but the igniter on these where never the best.

if its been off for over a year it should be checked properly before its used even if you can get it to work. Could be a birds nest or anything in there.
Your right to want it properly checked before using, much more sensible than some people. Hopefully a service, a pilot relight and possibly a bit of encouragement for the pump will have you going again. The only west country guy i know who posts here works for a company, i dont know whether he would be available? i'll message him for you.

OK! Here we go got a chap to come out today and he too the cover off...Bonus!.
He put a fuse in the little spur thingy! :oops: Lit the pilot light, freed the pump now working.....only no pressure from the soliniod/gas valve although gas getting to the pilot light ok.

Says he can think it could be anything else...true???
When hot water is run it won't fire up.

Anyone know where i can get on of these cheap???

and gaspro1981 if you are local to me you are more than welcome to come round for a cuppa but make sure you bring your tool kit!!! :D

Although the pilot is lit there is a switch behind the green and red buttons that sticks and does not recognise pilot is on and stops boiler firing up.Thats first thing i would check

doubt its the gas valve, there's a few faults that would cause the gas valve to "appear" faulty which is why you need someone who knows these boilers well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back