Olde insults

Sponsored Links
All good stuff up to now......

Thanks to everyone for keeping it "clean" (ish), non racist nor homophobic.

Yeah, it's obviously absolutely fine to spout such drivel as "spaz" and "flid" then? :rolleyes:

Mock ye not the afflicted.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it's obviously absolutely fine to spout such drivel as "spaz" and "flid" then? :rolleyes:
Never said it was. :rolleyes: If you read pages 4 and 5 of this thread, you may get an understanding of what this is about.

"Good stuff" refers to variety of responses, not a comment on the subject matter of the insults. "Non-racist nor homophobic" - I again refer you to comments on page 4.

Giblets...someone wearing those blue national health glasses... 1970's
Love to know why....

Another olde one that prob. still applies today is ,,,,yank.

erm im married to one :mad:

There's "goddamns" and "septic tanks".

There's also "Adolf, jerry and kraut. I'm married to a German. I think there's a lot worse things in the world than being called names.

Actually sauerkraut with a big serving of mash is not bad.

As a re-enactor I find that it's good to chuck insults into the conversations and displays, the public enjoy it as it's clearly an insult but to modern ears hardly offensive.
We use words such as wasterul and rattlepane i.e. talks a lot Then there are religious insults such as Thrice damn papist and Spawn of Satan (or the Antichrist).
Slightly closer to the knuckle is French whore a reference to Margret of Anjoi Henry VI 's wife .
edit I've just noticed the word after French can't be seen rhymes with boar, war, and core and means a lady of purchasable virtue.
For even more you could try here

http://www.uoregon.edu/~midages/insults.shtml

Oh and one other thing Dextrous as you are concerned with how language changes.
In our house the words "woman" and "wife" are used as terms of endearment but recently a friend of ours said she thought that it was very old fashioned and just a bit insulting to use them!

Oh and one other thing Dextrous as you are concerned with how language changes.
In our house the words "woman" and "wife" are used as terms of endearment but recently a friend of ours said she thought that it was very old fashioned and just a bit insulting to use them!
Did your friend provide any details of what terms aren't insulting?

Sponsored Links
Back