Olympic Games 2012

J

joinerjohn

I've just seen the prices for entrance to the Olympics next year. Reckon I'll be missing the opening ceremony, closing ceremony, and everything else in between.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/15_02_11_olympicschedule.pdf

Bloody ridiculous. At the opening ceremony, the best seats available are over £2000 each, yet the cheapest are just over £20. (wonder if that includes a free pair of binoculars because you must be miles back) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm going to hide in a darkened room until the whole thing, with all the hype and mass hysteria is over.

The best place to watch ANY sporting event is in your own front room. The TV coverage is second to none, and captures the things you would never see if watching live at the event.

The only missing ingredient is the atmosphere.

Sponsored Links
Disagree!
The best place to watch most sporting events is at the venue the sporting event is being held, there is no comparison.
You see things the TV not only fails to pick up, but also does not want you to see.
Plus you can not bring the atmosphere in to your front, oh that's been mentioned or the meat pies!

There are many tv cameras around the arena, they are my eyes, my eyes are everywhere!

I don't miss a goal because some tall, fat geezer stands up in front of me (unless its in the pub).

I have a never ending supply of beer and food, that I do not have to queue for for half an hour!

I don't queue for hours to get in and out of the venue.

I don't have to sit there freezing cold.

I am not subjected to constant foul language.

My pockets are not being 'picked'

I don't have to tolerate a load of abuse from PC Dibble and Co.

Now what was that that I said about atmosphere? ;)

Possibly! But I get to see all the action, and I don't need to stand on my soap box!!

And being a dwarf, it don't half hurt my neck when viewing tv screens hung from the wall :(

£20 is nothing... what does it cost to watch the ballerinas every week.....

£20 is nothing... what does it cost to watch the ballerinas every week.....
Fair enough Geraint, but that's the minimum price for Olympic events. The top price for the Opening Ceremony is over £2000.
Now where do you think Joe Bloggs , with his £20 ticket will be sat?
Probably in Hounslow Town Centre, holding a pair of binoculars the size of Jodrell Bank to his eyes. .
David Cameron said recently "We're all in this together."
Obviously he didn't mean the Olympics, But I bet he'll be sat on the front row and his seat will cost him zilch. ;) ;) ;)

I was completely against the games being held here. I still am but I have my name down for tickets. Not necessarily for me but for my 9 yr old daughter. I suspect this is here once in a lifetime opportunity to 'be there' so I feel beholding to take her.
So I will get us all tickets and get mercilessly ripped off the whole day :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back