Olympic Games 2012

Sponsored Links
Another waste of money...like the dome and wars...Loadsa people running about and chucking things....big deal.

Lets not forget the royal wedding coming up, who pays for that, of course joe public....

I know what am going be doing right when they both say I do, taking a massive hairy dump!!!

Another waste of money...like the dome and wars...Loadsa people running about and chucking things....big deal.

Lets not forget the royal wedding coming up, who pays for that, of course joe public....

I know what am going be doing right when they both say I do, taking a massive hairy dump!!!

I think the boost to tourism will probably more than cover it, the Dome on the other hand was probably the biggest white elephant ever.

On the other hand, I don't think we'll get back the money spent on the Olympics, most of the recent ones never seem to break even and overspend their budgets by billions.

Sponsored Links
On the other hand, I don't think we'll get back the money spent on the Olympics, most of the recent ones never seem to break even and overspend their budgets by billions.

Look at the recent European championships in manchester, not knowing what to do with the stadia, what a waste!

[
I think the boost to tourism will probably more than cover it, the Dome on the other hand was probably the biggest white elephant ever.

John Prescott: deputy Prime Minister who helped to persuade Tony Blair to back the project:

"If we can't make this work, we're not much of a government" - June 1997;

And how right he was...

The Olympics are going to be the biggest event ever staged in this country.

BRING IT ON!!

Well the DOME is now the O2 arena and is superb for concerts and the like so they managed to polish the poo it once was

the olympics is pure waste of money no wonder the french scuppered their own bid they didnt fancy the BILL!

I've never been keen on this whole idea of staging the games in a different place every four years. The cost and duplication are the things I disagree with, there are stadiums and olympic villages and venues sitting deserted all over the globe and none of the events really break even in the long run.
I feel that a return to the original idea where people would all meet in the same place time after time , in the shadow of mount olympus would be far better. Stage them in Greece every four years funded by contributions from all participating countries .
After all we don't hold the FA cup final in a different venue every time do we? No, we hold it at Wembley somewhere all teams aspire to play.
And my two penny worth about which is best telly or being there.
Live is deffinately very very good for the atmosphere and is far more exciting than tv, but tv does have advantages as already listed here but they will insist on having "experts" waffle on before ,at half time and after the game :eek:

The olympics is the second biggest con after the world cup why countries bend over and supply the vaseline to beg for the honor of hosting these over priced jokes is a mystery to me.

None of them make a profit, and the self appointed bung taking idiots who make up the olympic committee and fifa travel from one circus to the next raking in the cash

Any of these events could be done for 1 tenth of the price if the basic infra structure was used esp the olympics

I mean REALLY 9 BILLION FOR AN OVER THE TOP SPORTS DAY!

Supposed to be the British Games. Yep and just who is building the Olympic Venues? Certainly not British labour. They employ foreigners by the thousand, whilst UK tradesmen are going through the worst recession for how many years?. Only qualification you need to get a job building the venues is to speak Polish, Ukranian, Latvian, Turkish, Greek. Any language but English. And still the new government do nothing to help UK workers. Pffffftttttt

Supposed to be the British Games. Yep and just who is building the Olympic Venues? Certainly not British labour. They employ foreigners by the thousand, whilst UK tradesmen are going through the worst recession for how many years?. Only qualification you need to get a job building the venues is to speak Polish, Ukranian, Latvian, Turkish, Greek. Any language but English. And still the new government do nothing to help UK workers. Pffffftttttt

Because what you fail to realise is that politicians esp tories and business don't give a f#$k about anything other then max profit. Who ever its cheapest gets the job

Because what you fail to realise is that politicians esp tories and business don't give a f#$k about anything other then max profit. Who ever its cheapest gets the job

And you very conveniently forget the last government who allowed these Polish, Greek, Turkish, Latvian, etc people to be employed to the exclusion of UK workers.

Watching adults that can run fast,throw far or jump high.............can't think of anything more entertaining :eek:

And you very conveniently forget the last government who allowed these Polish, Greek, Turkish, Latvian, etc people to be employed to the exclusion of UK workers.

so i suppose NO Uk workers make money abroad?

funny how so many dyed in the wool TRUE BRIT builders actually employ
all these foreigners to work for them as well..........hmm wonder why

Sponsored Links
Back