olympic torch

If it was a proper Olympic Torch event i.e carried by RUNNERS from Olympia to London, I might get excited. But this relay is just a torch relay, those who carry the torch (mostly walking) for a few hundred yards consider it an honour and all those watching are obviously enjoying it. So as an event I cannot knock it, but calling it Olympic Torch is a joke. If it was a continous run it would be at the London site about two months after the games at its present rate. Currently 2 hours plus late if half a day.

Sponsored Links
the link don't work, and although the games are a great spectacle, what's the flame about? 70 days of it touring the country, and getting within 1 hour (i wouldn't travel for 1 hour to see a flame !!) to 95% of the population (so 3.5mill aren't even gonna get a chance)

What is it with a flame? !!!

It said on the BBC the other day that it would be coming within 10miles of 95% of the population...?

I'm not really bothered about the Olympics coming to London, it wont really have a great affect on my life, but that said, the flame relay is coming on foot through both the town i work in and the town i live in, so i'll be watching it come through here in the afternoon, and then taking the kids to see it come through at home in the evening. Whilst i'm not that interested, its probably the only time in my life it'll happen, so i'm not going to miss the oppurtunity! Similarly, when the Webb Ellis trophy came to my town, i went to see it, even though i'm not that interested in rugby.

each to there own, the 1000s people on the route clearly disagree with "boring"

Getting 1000's of (people) i****s on the road isn't a big deal. You probably get more than that queuing all night for a stupid game release. I do wonder though, how many of them actually have jobs?

It's passing by my house, so I'll be watching it -I imagine a lot will be ,if only because I suspect it will be a mare tryng to drive to work that morning.

Sponsored Links
I do wonder though, how many of them actually have jobs?

Good question, probably none of them.
In fact, if they have nothing better to do that stand there gawping at a stick with a bit of fire on the end of it, then they are almost certainly as unemployable as they are unemployed.

In fact, The torch procession should be followed by an APV, gunning down all the workshy scummers in the crowd.

Back