olympic torch

Sponsored Links
I'm gong to bump this thread all summer. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Why would someone in Northumberland, (or anyone north of Watford Gap for that matter), get excited about something happening hundreds of miles away in London? :confused:

why not? do you like football? do you get excited if your team plays in a foreign country?

it will be exciting to see the tourch pass my front door.

Why would someone in Northumberland, (or anyone north of Watford Gap for that matter), get excited about something happening hundreds of miles away in London? :confused:

why not? do you like football? do you get excited if your team plays in a foreign country?

it will be exciting to see the tourch pass my front door.

Nope, don't like football.
Wouldn't care if the 2 local teams never played another match to be honest, never mind in a foreign country.

the link don't work, and although the games are a great spectacle, what's the flame about? 70 days of it touring the country, and getting within 1 hour (i wouldn't travel for 1 hour to see a flame !!) to 95% of the population (so 3.5mill aren't even gonna get a chance)

What is it with a flame? !!!

A flame does not go to sleep!!!
IT GOES OUT!
Besides, isn't this one made from LED's or something?
Flamin' technology! (pun intended. :LOL: )

conny said:

Well I'm almost in Northumberland and I'll probably watch some of the olympics, if only because there'll be bu**er all else on TV. :( :( :( Even so, I won't be putting myself out to see any events in particular. It's one of those things that just plays in the background while you do something else - a bit like football. :) :) :)

But this torch business has been done to death. There's only so long that you can stay interested in a plane that hasn't even landed yet then stare at a miners' lamp going nowhere in a hurry. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: It was obvious that the TV people were filling in time because they had nothing else worth reporting. I don't think we've been treated to so much pointless news coverage since the day Paris Hilton was let of of jail early. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was obvious that the TV people were filling in time because they had nothing else worth reporting. I don't think we've been treated to so much pointless news coverage since the day Paris Hilton was let of of jail early. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All the local news is full of it,its just down the road tomorrow,I'll light a match to see if it holds the same interest.

Sponsored Links
Back