Omnivorism leading towards vegetarianism

johnny_t said:
I said I hadn't been off work sick for 20 years, not that I wasn't a bloater..... :D
:LOL: #

I was a vegetarian for about a fortnight. I was enjoying it OK until I ate an absolutely vile vege sausage. The only thing I have ever eaten that made me feel sick. Apart from that time I tried to stir mayonnaise into a risotto. yuck! Oh, and barbecue season arrived. God I love barbecued meat.

I can't find anything regarding our blood type and vegetarianism. Perhaps we are just the real conscientious intelligent type which is why more of us become veggies?

My girly says she misses steak. Funny, I've heard all kinds of things. My mum misses chicken breast, my ex misses bacon. Suppose that becoming a veggie is the only true way to find which meats you REALLY love! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
This is true fact----when and after WW2 when rationing was on in the UK, heart attack deaths went way down because of the limited amounts of animal products that were avaliable, so the truth is meat in moderation.

But anybody who knows anything anout food production will tell you that the food today is far different and very unhealthy compared with yesteryear, because of the way it has been forced--processed and stuff added to it.

If you want to eat healthy just buy organic as much as possible and only eat un processed meat that is either organic or free range and in moderation.

Eating fatty meat is ok as long as you dont eat a lot of it.

DDoyle said:
notb665 said:
The human body is designed to eat MOSTLY leaves, fruits, seeds and vegetable matter etc. The small canine teeth, the long and slightly rough digestive tract, relatively acidic stomach acid and the fact that we chew food rather than swallow it in big chunks indicate this. Vegetarians are also generally healthier with lower rates of cancer/heart disease.

Can you provide a link to verifiable medical evidence to this effect, a report on the News some months ago actually indicated that Vegetarians suffered more Colon and Bowel Cancers, further they have also shown that true Vegetarians lack certain proteins and nutrients in their diet that may lead to mental health problems in later years and may play a part in Parkingsons etc.

Now I do not know whether any of this is true or simply the press making hay from partial evidence, but my neighbour is a tee total Vegetarian and he is always ill, suffering indegestian problems, colds, random bacterial infections and even dry skin. Now his Wife Annabel also had these problems, then she started to eat fish and meat again, and all her health problem went away? May be it's personal to the individual, but I do wonder if the picture is as clear as we are sometimes led to believe.

No, I won't provide a link, there are always conflicting articles everywhere. As we have seen before on this site, you can find anything and everything on the internet. I base this on my own logic and/or experience.

If vegetarianism works for you then that's alright, innit.

As for vegetarians being ill, a lot of vegetarians don't eat a vegetarian diet: just an omnivore's one without meat products. That ain't proper! :evil:

Sounds odd, but I eat a veggie's diet with meat in it :p

Seriously, I eat a lot of veg. I need to, for the following reason.

If I drink a lot of coffee, I get acne. I have found I can prevent this in one of two ways:

1) don't drink coffee
2) eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg

Now, I love coffee, so I don't want to give it up. So, I eat a lot of fresh veg instead. Meat seems to have absolutely no effect on my skin whatsoever, either way. Coffee seems to be the real decider.

Of course, there are varying degrees of extremism. Paul McCartney, who used to be cool, even campaigns against dairy products. Seriously. Used to smoke anything that would go in a pipe but feels qualified to lecture me on health! :LOL: He was in a very cool band, made some very cool music but seriously, cheese. Lennon campaigned about war, McCartney campaigns about cheese. Even Ringo was cooler than that, and he did Thomas the Tank Engine! :LOL:

Children and vegetarian diets don't mix in general,.so children and vegan diets can only be worse. Children in this country won't be prepared to eat the foods a veggie needs to be healthy(ish).

Sponsored Links
DDoyle said:
notb665 said:
The human body is designed to eat MOSTLY leaves, fruits, seeds and vegetable matter etc. The small canine teeth, the long and slightly rough digestive tract, relatively acidic stomach acid and the fact that we chew food rather than swallow it in big chunks indicate this. Vegetarians are also generally healthier with lower rates of cancer/heart disease.

Can you provide a link to verifiable medical evidence to this effect, a report on the News some months ago actually indicated that Vegetarians suffered more Colon and Bowel Cancers, further they have also shown that true Vegetarians lack certain proteins and nutrients in their diet that may lead to mental health problems in later years and may play a part in Parkingsons etc.

Now I do not know whether any of this is true or simply the press making hay from partial evidence, but my neighbour is a tee total Vegetarian and he is always ill, suffering indegestian problems, colds, random bacterial infections and even dry skin. Now his Wife Annabel also had these problems, then she started to eat fish and meat again, and all her health problem went away? May be it's personal to the individual, but I do wonder if the picture is as clear as we are sometimes led to believe.
The same report which has done the rounds since the 70's also suggests that vegetarians take vitamin supplements to compensate for the lack of a balanced diet. A couple of friends are vegetarians and one of the women had noticed her hair had become very dry and actually started to fall out in her early days of not eating meat, but after going onto supplements the problem had subsided. So there must be something in it?

My brother and his wife and 3 kids don't eat any meat. The kids have not been deprived of it, it's they way they have been brought up and they are happy with that. The whole family always seem to be bursting with health.

Back