One boiler or two boilers, that is the question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We live in a bungalow that has an old grant oil boiler (No gas, we live in the sticks) and we have converted the stables, which is not attached to the house, into a bar with underfloor heating.

We have some options, hope someone can provide some advice

A) single big, 70kw?, boiler to serve the house and the bar. Problem here is to bring hot water pipes underground (lots of digging) from one building to the next, about 15 meters. This could be with an external boiler (in the driveway) or an internal one (in the garage).
Big pain I see is tha this is is a more expensive boiler and much more expensive installation.

B) put a small boiler in the bar. Means two boilers, two annual servicing, two oil tanks... the boiler in the house is 20 years old. Works fine but will need replacing eventually. So i end up with two boilers... on the good side installation is a Doddle. Pipes already in place...

Any recommendations please?

Shall I avoid burying pipes in the driveway?

Tx

Sponsored Links
If oil tank is bunded you could supply both boilers from one tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back