One of the lamnate boards in middle of hallway is unsupported underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laminate floor board springs up and down.
I did not fit it and have no idea who did.
Cannot realistically lift floor from edges to support underneath as out of time.

I think either the board was butted wrong way round without tounge into groove, ie slotted in wrong way, or groove has collapsed becasue nothing underneath it.

This board gets a lot of foot fall so it's going to have to be fixed somehow to avoid further deterioration.

Thinking to drill small hole in middle of collapsing area and foam into it /underneath with low expansion foam, then carefully patch hole with original flooring, of which I have some.

What kind of foam would you use.

Any other ideas?

At end of this 30 sec clip you can see there is a lot of movement in the board.
VIDEO: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7c139QWoeAzi6sw17

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Also could carefully prise board up with screw driver and foam into there without cutting small hole.
Would have to guage foam quantity carefully, and place heavy weight on top to limit ant foam expansion.

I will have to check but if this board runs to the door might be able to slide the board back to the door and be able to see how much to level it once slightly exposed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back