one of the not so good days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
today is the 20th anniversary of my dad passing away, he was only 54 ( i say only 54 now cause i'm 48, which is scary) at the time i was 28 and in a way thought he was older rather than younger, now i have changed my mind, how bad is that, i know we have all been there with someone passing, but on the anniversary you tend to have a wee extra think, anyway just a thought to anyone else who is having a wee extra think today

Sponsored Links
Same here Kirkgas, my dad had a heart attack at 34, then a double bypass which he survived.

then he was diagnosed with cancer at 52 that was xmas 1990, died 7 days later.

i was 26 at the time, i'm now 46...i thought he was old then...not now! :confused:

Thoughts with you today mate

My other half's father passed away when in his late 40's, she was in her 20's - she is 50 now and bit scared - in past 18 months she has had mild heart attack (which is what killed her father), arthritis in shoulder, fractured elbow and gall stones

Regards to you all. :(

You never know when your number is up and I think we all expect to live into our 70s.

Sponsored Links
I was 32 when my dad passed away in 1992, still feel lonely without him :cry:

I like most have lost loved ones and on those anniversary days, a wee extra reminisce of the fun and good times we had, gets me through.

My thoughts are with you, KG. My stepdad died at the age of 36 in '85, fit as a fiddle one minute, then gone. Dad died aged 55 in 1994, not so fit, and about 3000 miles away. Never a nice subject, but the memories are still fresh.

cheers for the thoughts and comments to me and all others, much appreciated, yes i agree 54 is young, especially when im now 48 :eek:
had a wee chat with my wee mum who struggles a bit on this day and his birthday which was early sept, TBH i feel the anniversary of his death harder than his birthday, i remember my daughter who was 6 when it happened, saying to her at the first christmas, as an attempt to cheere her up "oh well gran at least you wont need to buy him a present" :eek: :eek:

And I bet it did cause her to smile.
The innocence of the young is a wonderful tonic at times.

My thoughts to all of you, both my parents were in their 70's but it still hurts at times.

My wedding anniversary, is a bitter sweet affair, I have been married 37 years, my mum died the day after we got married, she had no obvious previous illness.
Its still a painful time, after all these years, there was so much I wanted to give her in return, after the upbringing she gave me.

Wotan :cry:

My partners parents died the day after my birthday, but a year apart, her Father died, then one year on, to the day, her Mother died, then her brother died a week after, then her other brother died, a year later to the day...strange.

Sponsored Links
Back