One on One Advice - Y Plan Behaviour

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks!! I had that suspicion and through my reading today with your generous help had started to test the voltages right when it was suggested, which is why it took me a few minutes to respond. :) Will order one in and update this thread with my results. Thanks again!

Hey everyone still following! I replaced the valve actuator and the tank stat. On power on, I did the usual testing to make sure the valve swings properly under the right conditions and lo and behold (having hooked things up the same, part for part replacement), the tank stat was connected backwards; the tank would heat up when you turned it down!! I suspect that was some of my issue in the first place as the only way it would heat would be to crank the knob to the dot at the bottom (Honeywell L641A). I took that dot to mean maximum temperature when in fact it's minimum, so I had to crank it all the way down to get heat and didn't know it..

Short story is that it's all working now after replacing both components and wiring the tank stat correctly. So thank you everyone for your help, this is a success story indeed!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back