Ongoing roof leak after loft conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a leaking roof. Bathroom ceiling has damp patches. Just poured some water from a loft extension velux window above where the leak is, to see where it comes through. I put new dry newspaper on the crawl space floor under the suspected area. It ****es through where there are two adjacent extractor fan roof venting tiles.

A bit of history. The loft conversion company installed these and they leaked. They then reinstalled them in a new position with new felt covering 6he old position.

So my question is , should I get a competent roof repair company in to sort this out as I have given the Loft company the chance to sort this? I think I need a new bathroom ceiling as well as at the time of the previous repair the company repainted the ceiling. Should I get my buildings insurance involved?

Sponsored Links
Yes the leak is from the outside roof so get competent roofers to rectify it, not the bathroom fitters from the loft company.

Your insurance should cover this, but make sure you emphasise that it's the loft company's fault and then your insurers will pursue them for the cost of repair and consequential damage and expenses.

Sponsored Links
Yes the leak is from the outside roof so get competent roofers to rectify it, not the bathroom fitters from the loft company.

Your insurance should cover this, but make sure you emphasise that it's the loft company's fault and then your insurers will pursue them for the cost of repair and consequential damage and expenses.

And watch your insurance renewal go up, chase the loft co again to fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back