Only for SERIOUS intellectuals! "TIME"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I am extreamely close to the next number that comes after 39 years of age I was searching the Net for info on the aging process and came on these bleak lines about Time.

There is also strong evidence that time seems to go faster as you get older. (Do we leave the problem-solving mode as we age?) Say you are forty and you will live to eighty. According to one set of calculations, your life, as subjectively perceived, is already seventy-one percent over. This is the most disturbing scientific fact I have heard in a long time. Your last twenty years will feel like no more than thirteen percent of your life. Another set of equations, harder to confirm, puts the age of seventeen and a half (!) as the midpoint of your subjectively experienced life. Occasionally patients with extreme brain damage will experience time as passing very very rapidly; the internal clock of one man seemed to be set at about four times regular speed.

Call me a miserable sod, but why does Easter seem to come a few days after Xmas now, but it is aparently about the same each year? Every year has got so progessivly shorter (subjectively) it is starting to make my head spin! When someone asked what you did last year, you say well worked, raised my kids, went on my hols in summer and that was it really!! Or maybe I could do with a crazy fragmented life instead of steady responsible one?
Anyway must go, I have been reading posts for a hour (felt like 5 mins) :eek:

Sponsored Links
Time, time, time, is on my side, yes it is.

ah relativaty, its all about relativity as einstein would say

that and your memory is going so you cant remember what you did last year :LOL:

Easter.
BBC said:
In the early church, Easter was celebrated on different days in different countries. The date was bitterly disputed until the council of Nicaea in AD 325 decreed the festival would be observed on the same date.
While the council may have desired consistency, simplicity took a back seat.
The day chosen was the Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox. The full moon being a notional "Paschal" full moon which occurs in either a 29 or 30-day cycle, not the astronomic moon we can all see in the heavens.
The theological significance of this date was that it was a day of maximum light -12 hours of daylight, followed by 12 hours of full moonlight. It means that Easter can be celebrated on a Sunday between March 22 and April 25.

Does shift around a tad or two.

One goes from being a sprinter .. to a long distance kiddy ( ;) ) Then perhaps to a plodder I suppose ...
I guess we learn about 'more haste less speed' as we grow older and have to watch the next bunch of sprinters.
Maybe we have to set plans into the future more so than the majority of young un's so we recognise the milestones, we do not have to wait as long for 'things' we want .. whereas they 'go for it' perhaps living too fast and desiring too much before being able to afford it all ... So the wait is interminable..... Think of the attitude to pensions.. Suddenly 'oops' :D :D :(

Sponsored Links
Life is like freewheeling downhill on a bicycle.

The further down the hill you get the faster you travel.

joe

kendor said:
Time, time, time, is on my side, yes it is.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day..............no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.......there is no dark side.....as a matter of fact it`s all dark

Thermo said:
ah relativaty, its all about relativity as einstein would say

that and your memory is going so you cant remember what you did last year :LOL:
Last year? yesterday more like :LOL:

plumb_boy
I can understand your NEED for answers at your age in a months time Im 40 .....

I had thoughts eary this yaer about the "Reggie Perrin syndrome" ,but lol SKY did a rerun an it killied it stone DEAD for me as Rossitor confirmed the nag in my head that the grass is NEVER greener on the other side ...

I too find life rushing past me .. very fast ...sometimes I giddy an think where did last summer go ,lol

its a FACT ,that we males hit the menopause , we stop making testosterone as we did , in women their Eustrogen (sp?) is slowing /going they get HRT ,we get told to pull our selves together an get on with it ..lol

a pal of mine was going nutty about the 40 birthday ...almost scary ...
an went to Thailand , he then came back from the Land Of Smiles , a different bloke , it wasnt as all in the pub thought, them young lasses in the gogo bars but the opening of his mind spent daily listening to a Buddha Priest ,
OMG... he is sooo into it , an he is really changed /enlightened ....For the Better ..

plumb_boy
if you are at odds with things maybe a trip too Thailand an a rebirth ,lol

if that fails , a three gals an you, is 45 quid for the whole night ;)

Thanks for that Moz, now I know its only the male menopause I can sleep at night lol!
if that fails , a three gals an you, is 45 quid for the whole night
Thanks for the pointer on the holiday, I will see what the wife says? :eek: (besides I can't think what the third young lady would do, a foot massage)?
There is famous book called Catch 22 where one character believes in having a miserable time each day to expand his experience of "time". When spending a night with 3 ladies in one bed I am really sure time would pass surprisingly fast!! :D
Anyway, maybe I should wander off to the plumbing forums again before I book a ticket.......

plumbing forums

please dont !!! you will be soo undecided .. lol

never ask a plumber as its not a final answer .. :)

go to Spain , Italy,France .... spin your self ,...... an act slow /big smile ....
EU countries .. love you ...

Sponsored Links
Back