Only One Radiator cold!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The radiator in my hall (very small hall at front door) is a single radiator and was freezing cold this morning when I got up. The other radiators heated up ok. I though that there might have been a blockage or the pipes had frozen but I bled the radiator with about a litre or so of cold water and the pressure on the boiler dropped by about 1/4 bar - this would suggest no blockage?

No hot water coming through and the connections between the valves and the radiator are leaking slowly - although I thought that this might be due to contraction as it's so cold?

The front door needs re-sealed and it's pretty cold in the hall - could this have caused some sort of frozen water blockage? There was a small puddle of ice underneath the radiator valve this morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - please!!

Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links
I think you may have had a freeze up here - but only on one pipe - hence the water still bleeding at the rad. Get some heat in there and slowly let it build up - if the floor is suspended timber there might be a frozen length of pipe beneath. If your luck is in, all should be well. You need to sort that leaky valve too - it will lose your system pressure.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Looks like that was it! I had an electric heater in that hall until 7pm lats night when the radiator finally heated up! Left the heater on at low setting during the night just in case as it was cold again (and it'll be as low as -10 by Thursday up here!).

Thanks again for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back