onyx black Rockdoor not black?!?

Bet the misted part of glass is full of little defects.. cheap China made.
Bet the glass ain't square in either... bad place...
Boss drives a maclaren. People making door on minimum wage.
..cheap materials put together by people who don't care about the product.

Sponsored Links
Black should be black [you only get shades of colour, black is absence of colour], but they called it onyx black so maybe true black should not be expected.

Sponsored Links
all our comp doors have been black in the past BUT the outer frame has been beck brown, a very very dark brown that in cloudy conditions looks black , but in direct light looks brown. I ALWAYS tell the customer this, as thats only fair , I would argue that , if you were told that is black , then you have been missold the door..............

Each supplier is different, this is one of ours installed this week.
Ours are processed as Schwartz Braun Black, does seem more black than the Rock Door. If you've been shown a colour swatch and it's different I'd request some answers

image.jpg

Rcssmb... did you manage to get a resolution to this?
I have recently had a "black" Solidor door and frame fitted and have the exact same problem.

Rcssmb... did you manage to get a resolution to this?
I have recently had a "black" Solidor door and frame fitted and have the exact same problem.

Anyone get a resolution to the black brown door issue? I had a 'Black' Rockdoor fitted on Friday and it turns out that in direct sunlight it's clearly brown!

Extremely annoyed about this and have complained to the Rockdoor trained fitting company.

Regards,

11ND

11ND .... i am afraid that is the way it is. The material for the door slab is not pvc so is impregnated with the colour. The actual frame is a ' foil ' adhered to the base profile ( usually a renolit film ). Due to the different processes they do not match fully. On saying that though it is very poor that you were not made aware prior to purchase. I always tell our customers and just for reference it isnt just isolated to Rockdoor , I'm pretty sure all composite door manufacturers suffer from this issue ( unless they have had the outer frame specially sprayed black)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back