Open fire place flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have an open central fireplace in our lounge which we don't use as it has been disconnected and we get plenty of heat from the radiators in the room. What trademan do I need to get in to remove the flue and will it be a big job? I have removed the plastic air vent on the chimney breast in the room above but can't see anything, looks like a solid floor. Does the tradesman have to be gas safe or do I just need a builder.

Attachments

• Lounge.JPG
    Lounge.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
Seeing as there’s no gas in the flue and the fire is disconnected, I assume (and I do make incorrect assumptions) that any one could remove.

Then call a carpet fitter:whistle:

if i get the picture, you want to remove the hanging metal flue from the living room?
what about the island hob fire arrangement, is that to go to?
iis the floor suspended?

when the present set up was installed someone presumly installed steel linteels to support what remained of the brick chimney breast above and up to the roof chimney stack?
the lintels would reach from bearing wall to bearing wall inside the floor.
any flue would have gone up to the roof stack terminal in a ss flue liner.

when you looked through the air vent hole you were looking in at the bedroom fireplace and separate flue.
two flues at least will be going up the c/breast if its a traditional brick set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back