open therm compatible wireless modulating room thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks

Currently in the process of having a new boiler (Remeha 28c) installed and wanted to know if there are any wireless modulating room thermostats that I can use with it.

After doing research on google I came up with the following heat controls - but only one of them look like they have modulation control and I am not sure if it will work with the boiler.

Honeywell CM927
Siemens REV23 RF
Ariston - http://www.ariston.co.uk/products-detail.php?t=0&id=0000000016

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Honeywell have not long brought out a range of statS for what your after think it has the prefix TI or TP

the honeywell cm 927 is not a modulating stat

there is a honeywell cm 957 that is wireless and modulating, check their
website for details

EDIT after confirmation from mehran

Sponsored Links
the honeywell:

T87 room stat(wired)
Y87RF room stat(wireless)
cm937 prog room stat(wired)
cm957 prog room stat(wireless)

are all opentherm

also do Remeha not have a controller called something like the Celcia?

the honeywell:

T87 room stat(wired)

are all opentherm

Can't find any reference to the CM937 or CM957 on any Honeywell website!

The Remeha Celcia 20 is wired, not wireless.

The current Opentherm Protocol is for wired products only, although they are working on extending it to cover wireless products as well. The main problem is that Opentherm is a two-way conversation while all current wireless products are just one way.

Dhalisham do a search on TPI. That may bring it up if not next time your passing plumb centre they should have the latest brochures

Johnny .. yeah thats one its TPI control your after

Dhalisham do a search on TPI.
Eventually found it - not very helpful though, just a sales leaflet. No Spec etc.

Also found an Opentherm Newsletter darted April 2009 saying that that work was almost finished on the Wireless Protocol, so the new Honeywell devices may be the result.

Excellent, thanks for your help everyone.

It seems that alot of these energy efficient boiler products are old hat on the mainland and just coming into play over here.

I did a search on the honeywell site for TPI as you recommended namsag, and it came up with the DT92E which looks like its modulated.

Would you recommend a modulated room control over a programmable stat?

the honeywell:

T87 room stat(wired)

are all opentherm

Can't find any reference to the CM937 or CM957 on any Honeywell website!

The Remeha Celcia 20 is wired, not wireless.

The current Opentherm Protocol is for wired products only, although they are working on extending it to cover wireless products as well. The main problem is that Opentherm is a two-way conversation while all current wireless products are just one way.

hate to argue with you but i have the honeywell leaflet right here. also says honeywell invented the standard for opentherm. so may guess they could work out a way to make it work wireless. ;)

also TPI is not the same as open therm.

TPI stands for Time Proportional + Intergal... it is till a on/off control but trys to work out how quickly your house cools and heats and work out the best firing. better then basic on/off but not opentherm

will scan in the spec list and post it up

johnnymuf as mehran has said im getting mixed up with tpi and open therm.

The wireless stat you want is the Y87RF As listed by mehran

mehran looking at the brochure it lisst them as CM937 AND CM957 on back page inside it lists them as CM930 AND CM 950

mehran and namsag

Thanks for advice, the Y87RF and the CM950 looks like the ones that I am after but I cannot find them for sale anywhere.

My RGI called his supplier and its like they didn't know what a modulating room stat was.

Any ideas of who might stock any of the above?

If you are installing a Remeha 28c, why not install their Celcia 20, which is an Opentherm programmer. It's not wireless, if that's important to you.

Although brochures are in plumbcentre they are not in there catalogue yet ....im in there tomorrow if i remember i will ask if they can get them and rough price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back