United Kingdom
Just quickie regarding costs,

Looking to convert from open vent to unvented hot water,

Fit new cylinder in existing position,

alter flow & return to suit new cylinder connections
reconnect to hot supply
run new 22mm cold from loft to cylinder
pipe in blow off
disconnect cold storage in loft and connect main into existing cold feeds.

Looking for labour only here,

Doe's £400 sound about right ?

Sponsored Links
So you want to know if the price is right (even though we can't see it).

Are you interested, at all, in whether or not what you describe is the correct way to install an unvented cylinder?

What Tibbot is saying is you have not described the conversion correctly and are missing a number of very important parts and quite a few other things that need doing.

So don't do it, as it shows you don't know what you are doing!

I'm not doing this myself,

This was a rough breakdown I was given from an installer.

I'm giving the installer further works if the job go's ahead without any cock ups.

I know there are a lot of variables but wondered if the costing sounded correct.

All pipework except the main and blow off are at the existing cylinder and the guy reckons he can do the install in 1 day.

He doe's have his un vented ticket.

Sponsored Links
well if your guy is G3 qualified and he has given you a price then its up to you if you are happy with that price, he has seen the job so anyone on here telling you a different price shouldnt without also seeing the job

What Tibbot is saying is you have not described the conversion correctly and are missing a number of very important parts and quite a few other things that need doing.

So don't do it, as it shows you don't know what you are doing!

I would ignore Tibbot, Billy, he gives grump replies to more than one person

Perhaps you could steer your moral compass and advise the OP on the technical shortcomings of the proposed install.

PS. If you open your eyes, you'll see the reply you've highlighted above is not mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back