Opinions needed from tradesmen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Link removed

I've recently started a new business due to hearing so many people say they can't find decent tradesmen, on the otherside i've spoken to a lot of good builders who can't get any work. What i need is some opinions on my website from tradesmen. Tell me exactly what you think, how i could improve my service and what would put you off / attract you to joining my site.

Really appreciate all your opinions and help.

Just realised i posted this here before, my site has progressed a little since last time i asked for advice and i totally forgot I came on this site.

Sponsored Links
Your site is the same as hundreds of others trying to extract hard earned money from well pushed tradesmen, do you really expect your marketing to be answered by this site, I don't think so, BYE

Put a link to your site in your profile, we can then take a look at it.

Your site is the same as hundreds of others trying to extract hard earned money from well pushed tradesmen, do you really expect your marketing to be answered by this site, I don't think so, BYE

How is that the case???

I have friends registered with my site and they get work they wouldn't otherwise have. If there were more reliable tradesmen and less cowboys then there would be no need for my type of website.

Sponsored Links

How is that the case???

I have friends registered with my site and they get work they wouldn't otherwise have. If there were more reliable tradesmen and less cowboys then there would be no need for my type of website.
if you value our expert opinion then how come you asked us a month ago but forgot about us, and you are only back on now punting your revamped site, not sure if its me or not but i couldnt see a link on your profile, i will have another look for the link next month if i remember :LOL:

I've been on a lot of sites over the last month or so trying to set this up in order to give everyone the best service. It wasn't that I had forgotten about the site just that i'd lost track of which sites i'd been on. This a pointless post now as the link has been removed anyway.

I've been on a lot of sites over the last month or so trying to set this up in order to give everyone the best service. It wasn't that I had forgotten about the site just that i'd lost track of which sites i'd been on. This a pointless post now as the link has been removed anyway.

PUT A LINK IN YOUR PROFILE.

Ok i've put a link in the comment bit on my profile, not sure if thats how i was meant to do it but couldn't see anywhere else.

Didn't want to get off on the wrong foot on here and i'm sure there are plenty of helpful members. Some peope assume everyone is trying to rip everybody else off. This really isn't the case with what i'm doing.

I have run a courier business for the last 15 years, most of my friends are builders, plumbers etc and the last thing i would want to do is rip any of them off. I have just spent about 3 weeks painting someones house because after meeting the owner they said they couldn't find anyone reliable so i said i'd do it for them. I hear more and more how people just expect plumbers etc to turn up late or not at all. I just think that it shouldn't be like that, if i can help people find reliable tradesmen without getting ripped off then where's the problem.

your site is very good, my son is a web designer so i have seen a lot of the work he has done, but your aim is just like any other agency who does this sort of thing, i appreciate you have costs etc, but i would not be happy with the policy of not taking any other work on via your contacts, does that mean they cant undercut your price (which is fair enough, but obviously means you are putting a surcharge on just to match customer to tradesman (again fair enough) but does that mean they cant leave their card for future work? if so that is totally not on, as they could end up needing to use you 100% as they have no repeat customers of their own ( i assume that is what an agency wants and why i dont use them) as long as prices, your cut and long term implecations for the tradesmen are agreed at the outset then it is up to them if they sign their independance over to you

The site is the first one i've done which is why its pretty basic and simple, wouldn't say this is a bad thing though. I know that once a tradesmen has worked at a customers house they will probably leave a card and that customer would use the tradesman direct in future which is understanable. I would hope though that should that customer wish to use another type of tradesman in the future they would use the site again after we put them in contact with a good tradesman the first time.

There may be things in my set up which tradesmen disagree with and these are the things i want to know so i can change my set up to keep everone happy.

Oh and i aim to be slightly different by compiling trade portfoilio's myself so customers can be confident everything is genuine. I will also go out and take details of the basic jobs saving time for the tradesmen and hopefully this will appeal to the customer as they will only have one person out to take details rather than representatives from many companies.

Sponsored Links
Back