Opinions on Hitachi C10FCE2 miter saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was just wondering what people's opinions on this saw were. It is quite reasonably priced and seems to get good reviews. The only drawback I can see from a novice's point of view is the fact it doesn't come with a laser. Is this at all necessary or should I perhaps just learn to use a miter saw without one?

Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
As a trade user I'd say a laser was an unnecessary extraand that you should learn to use a mitre saw. My main chop saw actually has a laser, but it's a faff to set-up and it isn't as accurate as you'd think - a pencil mark is often thinner than a laser line

Have you been taught how to safely use such a power tool? How to set it up out of the box - how to change a blade?
If not then stop now or you might end up hurting yourself, & not getting a penny in insurance because you cannot prove competency.

Any kind of powered saw is not a have a go tool. You must be taught and practised in what you are taught by, hopefully, a skilled joiner. Its no big time consuming deal but it must be done.

As above, lasers are irrelevant & a very thin pencil line is used in joinery.

Sponsored Links
Have you been taught how to safely use such a power tool? How to set it up out of the box - how to change a blade?
If not then stop now or you might end up hurting yourself, & not getting a penny in insurance because you cannot prove competency.

Any kind of powered saw is not a have a go tool. You must be taught and practised in what you are taught by, hopefully, a skilled joiner. Its no big time consuming deal but it must be done.

As above, lasers are irrelevant & a very thin pencil line is used in joinery.

I have used them in the past and like to think I have a degree of common sense about me. If you think I'm cutting this wooden flooring by hand you're mistaken :p

I have no thoughts on how you cut your floor.
I do have thoughts on someone who wishes to use a dangerous tool with no training.
I have even more thoughts on a person who claims "common sense" & then wilfully wishes to endanger himself to prove an obstinate point.

This is a DIY forum. If everyone took advice like yours this forum and all the great information it contains wouldn't exist. I am certainly not trying to prove a point. I simply wanted a little help in choosing the right tool.

Thank you for your advice all the same.

You asked if you should "learn to use a mitre saw" - I gave you the first learning to use suggestion that I give all apprentices.
I gave basic DIY advice to a self identified DIY'er.
When I offer professional expertise & time, I dont appreciate a snippy retort.

Have the next model up with a longer slide, never cut straight from day one despite spending a 2 month vacation in the Hitachi repair shop.From one end of the slide to the other it's around 2mm out of square.Ok for basic timber chopping but not for precise work.

Interesting. I used it for the first time last night to make up a simple workbench and noticed that even with the marker set to 0 it wasn't cutting straight. I played with the positioning a little and now seems to be spot on.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back