Optia FF50 boiler fan cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with the fan on my Optia FF50 boiler which I believe is the same model as an Ideal FF350 rebadged for Plumb Centre.
There is a fan inside at the top to draw the fumes out to the flue. A few days ago the fan motor started making an awful squeaky noise and then it cut out. When I restart the boiler the fan comes on for a few seconds and the boiler fires up, then the fan starts making this noise again before cutting out and as a result the whole boiler cuts out. The fan motor housing feels hot but it is a sealed unit and I cannot get into it to have a look to find the cause of the problem.
Does anyone know anything about these and if so can you recommend the best and cheapest course of action to remedy my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Hmmm! The fan is part of the Gas Chain turbotim. Its not something you should be touching to be honest. Sorry but all I will say is you need a Corgi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back