Optima 2 plus - sensor mashed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I was moving a large cupboard upstairs and managed to destroy one of the sensors on the skirting board.

I reset using my code but Tamper 4 is now flashing which i take it is the one I knocked.

Is there any way to bypass this one for the meantime? The wires where ripped out and housing smashed so can not put the sensor back together.

Many Thanks

Jamie

Sponsored Links
? Sensor on skirting ? Post a picture... it's either a junction box or a panic alarm

Could be a junction box! Pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_20181016_190311.jpg
    IMG_20181016_190311.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 120
Sponsored Links
Need a better picture ...the wires that still have the case top on ...IF you have two single wires under a screw each , twist them together and press reset on the panel

Sorry for the late response, on further inspection it was just a blue wire that had broken in two. Connected together and the alarm returned to normal. Can I replace broken junction box with any standard one or block connector or does it have to be something special? I'm just thinking I buy a new one and move the connected wires over one by one?? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20181022_180914.jpg
    IMG_20181022_180914.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 115

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back