Optima 2 PLus stuck in Tamper mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The alarm is stuck in TAMPER mode with zone number flashing, this is following a door and its frame with sensor being replaced. The zone was in "Omit Prevent"

I am not able to do anything from the panel to RESET and remove the zone from Omit prevent.

Any suggestions how I get out of the TAMPER mode which allows me to do nothing at all.

Sponsored Links
Possible damaged cable /cable trapped when 're coiffed contact.
Post photo of contact which was removed and replaced.

Actually the contact was removed with the old door frame. Until I get a new one installed, is there a way to get out of the TAMPER mode?

if you have access the cable, join the tamper wires together, if you open the panel you will need to link out the global tamper circuit.

Sponsored Links
sorry you can still link the cables together but this panel does have double pole wiring, so wouldn't be a global tamper, each zone has its own tamper circuit.

so zone 1 tamper lights up its the tamper for zone 1, if you have removed the device, you need to link out panel terminals or join the cables together at what would be the device end.

Can someone please explain exactly how to "Link out" a panel terminal? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

The alarm is stuck in TAMPER mode with zone number flashing, this is following a door and its frame with sensor being replaced. The zone was in "Omit Prevent"

I am not able to do anything from the panel to RESET and remove the zone from Omit prevent.

Any suggestions how I get out of the TAMPER mode which allows me to do nothing at all.
I'm having this exact problem. I accidentally hit the switch under the key-pad and sounded the alarm. My code and "Reset" stopped the noise but I'm left with the dreaded flashing "A". A lot of people here refer to the, "Link Out" solution but with no explanation as to how that's done. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back