Optima panels & replacing bell box

Sponsored Links
so on your current bellbox you have

Siren
Strobe
Comfort LED.

can’t see where all the wires go to be fair.
Yes that's right.
In both photos is a twisted pair of Red & Black wires, from connector block.
They run out of view to the LED.
Then power (Red Black ) to sounder.
And Power (Red Black ) to strobe.
All the important stuff is at connection block.
Btw... each bell box has 2 flats connected to it.
So in each box is 2 white cables that are from 2 flats .
Thanks

The comfort led has permanent power

So if you look at first Pic choc block 1st column.

Remove 1st Bell trigger wire to here on new bell

Remove 3rd Bell+ wire to new bell

Remove 5th Bell - wire to new bell

Yellow is to strobe - wire to new bell

There is no bell tamper as far as I can see.

Last edited:
The comfort led has permanent power

So if you look at first Pic choc block 1st column.

Remove 1st Bell trigger wire to here on new bell

Remove 3rd Bell+ wire to new bell

Remove 5th Bell - wire to new bell

Yellow is to strobe - wire to new bell

There is no bell tamper as far as I can see.

I really appreciate this, because I really hate knocking back a job. It's not the money ,as there is none But he's a friend & I guess I don't like defeat.
So the link wore & diodes, will they be obsolete, due to new bell box circuitry?

Sponsored Links
Since when did I say anything about diodes being obsolete.

There is a high chance this will go tits up and not sure you have the knowledge to troubleshoot if it does.

Look at the picture you have taken the diodes are in column 2.

It is impossible to say if the diodes will or won’t be needed to prevent issues so for now I would keep it very simple the wires from the alarm panel to the choc block stay in place.

You remove the wires from the choc block that go go to the bell box siren etc.Positions 1,3 and 5

I am on my mobile for the foreseeable and it’s awkward flicking between image and posting

Last edited:
@secureiam I also find fault finding while on a phone, very difficult. So I can’t fault you there.
We have been on other jobs lately, but I intend to complete this thread.
You comment about F.F skills? Totally valid, although very suddenly, all your efforts & step by step instructions, all made sense.
I guess I read the Optima installation book with a lazy eye. When I scanned over the pages once more, the schematics made sense.....Well, made sense when I had them side by side with your instructions .
So I’m confident we’ll have it sorted , or thereabouts .
1 issue we need to clear up is the Optima panel we removed cover on, developed a fault, of not resetting . So we’re going to swop it out with a spare we have.
If we sort that fault , we should have a fighting chance.
Although the fault in flat 1, still could be caused by the bell boxes?
The only thing in bell box connector wires is the picture I mentioned had a link wire, is actually a single diode, that is corroded and 1 leg is severed .
As is the black wire going to LED. That’s also snapped on 1 leg.

I have no idea that you have understood from your comments.

if the other is a damaged diode then I be tempted to get a replacement of the same value.

looks like you may have some spare cable to play with, you can always extend a piece of cable from a point where it is good.

its hard on a phone to see the images you have posted and to make notes without another medium to make notes on.
All we have is your images which are not full enough to make it easier.

I have no idea that you have understood from your comments.

if the other is a damaged diode then I be tempted to get a replacement of the same value.

looks like you may have some spare cable to play with, you can always extend a piece of cable from a point where it is good.

its hard on a phone to see the images you have posted and to make notes without another medium to make notes on.
All we have is your images which are not full enough to make it easier.
Yes I've understood thanks, were going back today

well I am about this afternoon if you get stuck need a good picture of where all cables run for both bells.

But asked for an image so I can see you understood but hey ho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back