Optima walk test problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,due to replacement of rechargeable batteries, I upgraded my alarm box and bell box ( same make, 6zone to 8 zone.zones6/7/8 not used)
Wiring changed same as previous,zones 6/7/8 linked as advised on previous forum.
However,when I do a walk test, DAY indicator does not light up but mains and tamper do. All zones produce beeps when tested, but internal/outside alarm doesn’t. When alarm is set and a zone is opened alarm sounds as normal.
I am a novice so any advice please explain in simple terms
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
walk test zones, bell test for bell, you need to go out of walk test and into bell test.

Its in the quick sheets (flow charts) in the manual if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your reply,have sussed that now but my problem is in “walk test” - mains/tamper AND “day” should light up (according to old 6 zone manual). But “day” doesn’t light and walk test doesn’t perform as it should ( can’t test bell in bell test ) (although beeps do indicate when zones opened in walk test). I’m sure somethings not wired quite right ( only thing different is extra zones 7/8/9 that I have linked ).think it may be time to call engineer.

Sponsored Links
Get the manual for the panel your using to start with.

The versions of some panels are similar in function but not the same.

New box did not have a manual, which i thought strange. Went off old manual and assumed everything would be the same, checked online and it seems “day” doesnt light up in walk test. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

some manufacturers are dropping hard copy manuals.

They say its to go green, but in reality many get a printing firm to print x number of manuals off, but the manuals are out of date before they get used, if they get used so money wasted.

For equipment an installer does regularly he would probably throw the manuals away unless there had been significant changes.

Electronic storage does make it easier for an installer to have thousands of manuals available without the physical space and weight of manuals, most manuals are not smart phone friendly though which is something they should all look at properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back