Optima xm6 alarm fails to activate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We had a work done at home recently and I tried to set the alarm earlier. It gives 3 strange beeps (1long & 2 short). The red light on the zone 2 is now off and only zones 1,3 & 4 come on the optima panel. The lights on the PIRs do not come on when we walk across the PIRs

Will be most grateful if someone can pls help.

Sponsored Links
so all the pirs are down?

looks like a choped wire on zone 2 to me (work done)

try and follow the cable route for zone 2, if they have been cut it will be or should be a simple fix to rejoin them

And a new glass fuse. There is mains voltage in the panel so remove the power before opening and replacing the fuse.

Ordered new fuses from ebay. hope it solves the problem. will update as soon as there is progress. thanks djrock

And a new glass fuse. There is mains voltage in the panel so remove the power before opening and replacing the fuse.

Sponsored Links
Hello Lee2009, the wire seems to be well connected in the panel also checked the PIR in Zone 2. It seems to be securely connected
Any more thoughts??? Let me replace the fuse and see where I stand. Will keep you updated.

so all the pirs are down?

looks like a choped wire on zone 2 to me (work done)

try and follow the cable route for zone 2, if they have been cut it will be or should be a simple fix to rejoin them

1,3 and 4 will be the pirs.
You have as stated a cut cable.
A new fuse will do nothing.
You need to find the cable that is damaged. And repair it.
Give the bill to the workers, unless of course you did it.

hi, even if the wire is still connected to the panel and the pir - this does not mean its fine, somewhere on the cable between the panel and thoese pirs you are likely to find a cut wire (this is obvious beacuse the pirs are no longer getting power, hence no lights on your pirs)

this could be under a carpet, under floor boards etc, you need to check the area they was working in.

personaly id say its there fault (workers) get them to sort it.

As Lee says, most likely a cable issue. Do you have a multimeter? Can you check the continuity?

id wanna know why all hell didnt break loose when the wire was cut, surely tamper should kick in and bells sound every where? as this should of been seen as a attack on the syestem

gona go have a look at the manual for this

id wanna know why all hell didnt break loose when the wire was cut, surely tamper should kick in and bells sound every where? as this should of been seen as a attack on the syestem

gona go have a look at the manual for this
I do hope you're not going to blame that on the workmen?
With an old panel like that who knows what the wiring was/is like.

Why look for a manual?
It has "tamper" protection.

Perhaps they were not used and linked out?
A poor installation possibly.

Otherwise it would as suggested " alert" the issue.
Bells/sounders (external) would not activate unless the system was set. Of course if the sounder circuits were tampered with then they would activate.
Local sounders and the panel would be the notification in an unset situation.

Your still on the low end of a learning curve.

exactly tahst why i would wanna know why the tamper had not kicked in - your forget im no installer.

yes possibly crap install, and a intruder alarm that does not sound when its tamper is cut - when not set? hope my texecom will sound its alarms if its pirs had there wires cut even when not set to armed mode!

exactly tahst why i would wanna know why the tamper had not kicked in - your forget im no installer.

yes possibly crap install, and a intruder alarm that does not sound when its tamper is cut - when not set? hope my texecom will sound its alarms if its pirs had there wires cut even when not set to armed mode!
Or maybe it's just old, never serviced and the cable perished/corroded etc??

Out of luck then. As standard a tamper is a "local" event when unset.
Try reading the manual
;)

You can programme the system for bells on tamper though.

Damn, I promised myself I would not assist you in the use of possible stolen equipment.

Or maybe it's just old, never serviced and the cable perished/corroded etc??

possibly, any alarm that does not sound when wires cut or corode (giving tamper signal) is rubbish, and is of no point been left installed, i will be getting rid of my texecom if it will not sound alrams when wires are cut, regardless if its armed or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back