Optima xm6 alarm fails to activate

Sponsored Links
Fine, avoid the question.

It would be acceptable to repair and that would include soldered joints. It may not be an easy option nor one wanted for complete renewal.

It is one we come across a lot with carpet fitters.

Sponsored Links
years old, as in years and years.

also techinically the op did not have soldered cables before the accident, hence putting back in the same position they were before the wire cut. - new cable run.

the op could however quite easily go with the solder fix if they wanted to, but is quite within there rights to claim for full replacement cable.

Letting them know is enough.

that did not even sound when the wire was cut?

Did you not understand that part?

understood perfectly, a old alarm, wires corroded or wotever you said could posibly gone wrong, not graded basicaly old and rubbish (sorry op)

but you want to send £100+ repair bils (maybe) to the workman? without him even been given the chance to fix it?

ill stick to the correct way of resloving issues like this, in the correct way and manner.

****ing in the wind with this one too.
Deaing with the logic of a man who would buy from a dodgy online site - because he has rights
Even though the company went bust 12 months ago and never submitted any accounts in 3 years.

A truly wise man.

Good for you.
Others need the work done immediately.
And the methods given are tried and accepted.

Your not going to accept anything else, so carry on on your own.

Good for you.
Others need the work done immediately.
And the methods given are tried and accepted.

Your not going to accept anything else, so carry on on your own.

op ask consumer direct what you should do - if it comes to that.

I wouldn’t want a carpet fitter fixing the cable! So if a carpet fitter damaged a mains cable you would let them fix it?

The carpet fitted will have to pay an alarm company to fix and test.

lee2009 said:
the op could however quite easily go with the solder fix if they wanted to, but is quite within there rights to claim for full replacement cable.
Nothing wrong with a solder joint if done correctly.

I wouldn’t want a carpet fitter fixing the cable! So if a carpet fitter damaged a mains cable you would let them fix it?

The carpet fitted will have to pay an alarm company to fix and test.

lee2009 said:
Nothing wrong with a solder joint if done correctly.

no i would not, testing etc saftey, not the same as some 12v alarm system, so your point is invaild, we are talking about a alarm system. and i dont see how a carpet fitter could possibley cut a electric cable. unless you mean a extension lead? - he would be buying me a new extension lead, but pure incompetance for using a bladed tool right next to a electriic cable in the first place.

fact is op can settle for a solder joint if they wish, they are entitled to a brand new cable THE OP IS ENTITLED TO BE PUT BACK IN THE POSITION THEY WERE BEFORE THE CABLE WAS CUT.

lee2009

When you're qualified to answer this sort of Q&A would be a good time to start, not now when you are not.

This is how it works and has worked since before you were even a twinkle in your father's eye.

Fitters informed that following their visit the alarm no longer works.

Told that this will be investigated and if damage proved they would be getting the bill.

That is one reason the fitters have insurance (or should have).

So if your car was damaged and needed a 'very minor' body repair, you wouldn't accept that but would demand a complete new panel etc?
Please explain to us all how you would convince the insurance company.

You couldn't because it would not.

It's the same with alarm systems and carpet fitters, it happens all the time.

"THE OP IS ENTITLED TO BE PUT BACK IN THE POSITION THEY WERE BEFORE THE CABLE WAS CUT."

A soldered cable joint is and always has been an acceptable and recognised way of dealing with this sort of problem/damage.

I was looking a few ones on the ebay around £150 £180.00 they are the gsm one (set 5) or you suggest that I go with reputed company like ADT or someone else As I do not know much about the security industry I do not know. but if the cost exceed the budget, cant do much about it and have to live with it, as security of the family and the belongings are of a paramount importance.

Denso, I was bit curious as you think wireless are not ideal, can I know why????

decent ones cost around £150 to £250.
Unfortunately this will attract some criticism but I understand you are in a bit of a predicament. If you went wireless (not the ideal option IMHO) would you be installing it yourself or would you have to pay for the installation?

Wireless have their place, and some are better than others, but they are not foolproof. I was just curious as to what you be happy to pay for a wireless system as you may even find it cheaper to have your existing one repaired/serviced by an alarm installer. You could get 3 quotes and then weigh up your options. You may be able to claim some back from those who damaged it in the first place but i wouldn't count on it. If you do, think of it as a bonus :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back