Optima xm6 alarm fails to activate

lee2009

When you're qualified to answer this sort of Q&A would be a good time to start, not now when you are not.

Which was politely mentioned.
From him being a DIY fitter ( And not even fitted yet) he is now telling others what "policy" has been and accepted by ALL others for more years than he will ever be fitting a security system, is no good.
Funny how insurers and the carpet fitters acknowledge this method. And if it goes to small claims the award is In my experience 100% in the householders favour.

As for cutting a cable it is common, more than you think. Generally at door thresholds or staircases.

I hit a gas pipe once, do you think I waited to make a decision? It was shut down instantly and repaired within 30 mins. Did I wait for Insurance?
Did I fook. ( Its good having GasSafe registered m8ts)

Microbore, run badly in the first place along the floorboard nail lines.

What would you have suggested in that instance? A new gas pipe along the whole of the school? Or a recognised repair?

Not even worth claiming on either, for what it cost.

Sponsored Links
as i have said, the op can settle for a solder joint if they wish.

its plain to see some of you do not know what a letter before action is, and it apperas you have also never heard of "mitigating your losses".

as i have said, the op can settle for a solder joint if they wish.

its plain to see some of you do not know what a letter before action is, and it apperas you have also never heard of "mitigating your losses".

Blimey, your understanding is severely lacking. We have been trying to assist you as others here.

A letter takes time.
Got that?
A phone call says it all, and followed up with an email, which is admissible in court.
An alarm system especially monitored is there for a reason, Insurances.
Therefore it HAS to be repaired immediately.
Not when the carpet fitters decide to reply.

As before you have no experience within this industry, nor the actions allowed and correct in a court of law.

I do respect your view, however misguided.

Sponsored Links
i have issued many n1 county claim forms over the years, all succesfully found in my favour by a judge.

you can not simply, after someone has caused damage in your home, simply go and find a pro to put that damage right at what evercost and then try to bill the person who caused the damage without allowing them to put the matter right at first.

a judge would EXPECT you to mitigate your losses, give the original workman etc a chance to respond and put the matter right - as in the ops circumstances.

choped gas mains, shopping centre fire systems and alarm systems are not the same as a cut wire in someones house with a donkeys old system obvisly in a state of disrepair.

what i have been saying in this thread applies to the ops circumstances only, not any other cirumstance.

like i say this is my opionion everyone else is entitiled to thers to, i also advised the op to contact consumer direct.

choped gas mains, shopping centre fire systems and alarm systems are not the same as a cut wire in someones house with a donkeys old system obvisly in a state of disrepair.
State of disrepair? Where did you get the impression it was in a state of disrepair? It might have been serviced last year. Just because the tamper never activated does not mean its in a state of disrepair. It might have never been wired to use the tamper circuit.

State of disrepair? Where did you get the impression it was in a state of disrepair? It might have been serviced last year. Just because the tamper never activated does not mean its in a state of disrepair. It might have never been wired to use the tamper circuit.

fine a crap install then.

Or as you missed.
It may have been a cable cut and shorted, the tamper failed but the CCT reported.

Hence we like EOL.

You have not been listening have you.

actually i have listened, thats why im using double eol in my home set up. and can now recomend texecom to mates and can ensure that they use eol, hence you passing on your knowledge to me, and me making sure my mates use eol in there intruder alarm systems should they wish to fit them.

I have changed 1 fuse and now have discovered that another fuse has gone that says on the side Strobe. Probably that will get the PIRs working as I am not getting light on anyone of them. Also when I opened the alarm panel front cover, I found one of the U pins at the bottom. I am wondering has that got anything to do with the PIRs not working?????

1,3 and 4 will be the pirs.
You have as stated a cut cable.
A new fuse will do nothing.
You need to find the cable that is damaged. And repair it.
Give the bill to the workers, unless of course you did it.
[/img]

I wish people would not tack on to the end of a 5 pager that is 10mths old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back