Optimax 25S pcb and appalling customer service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Has anyone else had any problems with an Optimax 25S boiler. We have had nothing but problems - the latest is both circuit boards failing. Is this normal? What would cause it? Can I do anything to stop it happening again?

Also, just keen to pass on to anyone considering an Optimax boiler how poor the customer service is if you end up having to use it. The call centre guys tried to help but have utterly inflexible systems that are slow and totally reminiscent of 'computer says no' and if you think getting through to senior personnel would help think again. I ended up being told it was all my fault that a part was ordered wrong twice - I didn't get invovled with identifying the part, Ferroli's service agent did - and then being told I, the customer, was costing them money!

Sponsored Links
I am sorry if you think that I am being critical but based on what you have told me, this is my assessment of your situation.

I think that you engaged a Ferolli Service Agent to diagnose the fault but then, mabe without paying him, decided to go and get the parts and fit them yourself to save you money.

The normal situation is that you call the engineer and he diagnoses the fault and gets the parts and fits them and you pay him. He then assumes responsibility for fixing your boiler from start to finish.

Clearly that "normal" situation did not prevail in your case!

I wonder why not!

Would you be prepared to identify the service agent so that we can get his side of the story?

Tony

Couldn't be further from the truth. I got my local plumber in first off, who helped diagnose a PCB failure. With his knowledge we contacted Ferroli and discovered that we could set up a service plan and thought this seemed the best option going forward for maintenance etc as the boiler has been a problem. Just for your information, we paid the plumber his fee for coming out, that was at the very start of October.

Ferroli's agent came out on 16th, to review the boiler, and it was from there we had two wrong parts ordered somehow and the people in our holiday home where the boiler is being left without central heating - we have taken up oil filled portable radiators. There should have been plenty of time to get the problem fixed, but it didn't happen and I don't appreciate being told by Ferroli's senior management that it was all my fault wrong parts were ordered etc when I have been bending over backwards trying to look at how I could get this fixed as quickly as possible. I have offered to source and pay for couriers and all sorts, but it didn't happen.

Well in that case it all seems down to the Ferolli Service Agent.

The problem is that your contract is with the individual who seems less than satisfactory.

Ferolli take little interest except that if they had many serious complaints about his performance they would take him off their list.

Most service agents have a stock of spare parts so that they go equipped with the parts likely to be required.

It does not help that you are doing this over the phone. It sounds as if you are coming over as Mr Angry and that does not help your situation.

You should use the old fashioned letter, one to the service agent and one to the MD at Ferolli. Point out to the MD that you expect the service agent will have reasonable stocks of common parts like PCBs with him when he visits!

Start talking, but in a non threatening manner, about compensation for the inconvenience you and your tenants have experienced by the incompetence shown by the agent.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I must say the Ferroli service agent did their best to help, but when provided with the wrong part twice were a bit hands tied - although it did help when the second circuit board didn't work as they then had the part in immediate stock.

My issue is with Ferroli and its rigid systems. I had hoped in today's age that it would be feasible for the company to be able to look at their customer's problem and seek to assist, but I must be wrong.

There was no time for an old fashioned letter, and it took an assertive email to even get to talk to anyone at all senior, who at no point showed any empathy with my issue but just told me it was my fault the wrong part was ordered, and that I was costing them money as they had had to dispatch a wrong part so they didn't have it in stock.

I paid an awful lot of attention to my tone on the phone, not getting angry but calmly stating again and again that in my opinion their reaction was unacceptable and offering as many different ways as I could to try to resolve the issue in a speedy manner. I offered to organise and pay for a courrier to the service agent, anything that would have expedited the process but no.

I have tried contacting the MD but you try getting through to anyone at Ferroli as they are very good at guarding and gatekeeping anyone senior from Jo Public.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back