More appalling Vaillant customer service

He's a landlord. They begrudge paying anything but demand the maximum rent from their tenants. Get the training, Mike, and come and compete with us.

Let me know how you get on.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure about being a landlord, but He's certainly a moron. And a horrible child hating klunt of a moron at that.

Still, keeps us amused all the same :D

I think you guys are out of touch with real world, and I probably paid £500 too much for my installation, but have a look why you can't get a logi boiler supplioed and fitted with 7 rads trvs and Megna filter for £2,700 and the guy does not ask if he will be able to park his car in the street.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ideal-Log...alled-2-700-/281917516399?hash=item41a397ea6f
things must be bad obviously, this year winter has been relatively mild.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Comparing an eBay middle man to a top quality install is absurd. I'm sure £2700 eBay installs are just going to cry out quality!

How come you didn't use these yourself then?

Sponsored Links
but have a look why you can't get a logi boiler supplioed and fitted with 7 rads trvs and Megna filter for £2,700
Mike.

Do yourself a favour and turn your spellchecker on.

You can't polish a turd.
But at least you could make it more presentable;)

I wouldn't mind parking my car half a mile away if I have to as long as I have off loaded my tools, or even employ a trainee and pay him minimum wage just to drive around.

Off load ALL the gear, materials and tools, at once into a 2 bed terrace with no gagrage?.:eek:

You really haven't seen the gear involved, have you?

Also add the costs of paying the trainee and the fuel to drive the van around all day. That must be about £100 a day to add to the job cost.

Actually there is another way in most cases and that is to offload the tools etc. and drive a few miles away along a bus route and return on the bus.

Also add the costs of paying the trainee and the fuel to drive the van around all day. That must be about £100 a day to add to the job cost.

Actually there is another way in most cases and that is to offload the tools etc. and drive a few miles away along a bus route and return on the bus.

Imo I would never take the bus anywhere. We had a phrase when I was in my younger years and it went along the lines of bus w@nker, I'd rather not be called one of them. No offence.

I for one am lost with this method of operation
For a start, it is not uncommon to require a part or a component once boiler is opened
Then there is need for everyday tools which you no doubt have already dropped off, but then need additional items which you will not have to hand
Time element kicks in too. You drop the tools, go park your car, take bus to get to house where the tools are, finish call, pack up leave on bus, pick car and leave. Clock is ticking. Two or three hours easily taken up now costing the customer £252.00 for three hour if no parts required ( which you are unlikely to have on you)

This reply is not to ridicule your method, more a case of time management versus chargeable time and cost effectiveness. Would be interesting to carry out time management study on your working practice

but have a look why you can't get a logi boiler supplioed and fitted with 7 rads trvs and Megna filter for £2,700
Mike.

Do yourself a favour and turn your spellchecker on.

You can't polish a turd.
But at least you could make it more presentable;)
I know I can't polish a turd, I have never tried and I probably won't unless isis were holding a knife against my throat, but then again I am just as devious and would polish their face with that turd instead and escape. But sounds like you must be pretty good at it , but any way, that was a joke, I left a few spell mistakes for those who have a bit of brain and can figure out minor discrepancies in spellings, and work out easily what is being meant. I am glad we are not computers which when presented with misspelt words goes bonkers!

Mike you really don't have a clue. Where does this massive chip on your shoulder come from? You feel the need to parade your stories of supposed rip offs all around a forum don't you! This was in a roofing question!!

Now that since this leakage incident, i have installed water leakage sensors under the tub and wired it to a solenoid valve that shuts the whole water system in case of a leak detection, and alerting the occupants with a continuous sounding buzzer making safety of gas appliances look primitive - since when do you see a carbon monoxide alarm going off shutting off gas by itself? so that gas safety pandemonium is just rubbish and primitive. Do you not think if gas safety was so important that we would have gas leakage detectors fitted to every house flat building and that it would automatically shut gas off rather than someone having to smell and report a gas leak and then calling the Emergency crew and you are instructed to vacate half a city! (oh well half a street for a minor puncture in a gas mains) hilarious!

If you google Nest Protect you'll find that there is a system that shuts off the appliances if a CO alarm is triggered. Guess you missed that.

It has been around for many many years where gas supplies are shut down following fire or CO alerts. At least google your spurious facts first.

And again from the same question.

In another unrelated case but similar, I contacted my regular PCB supplier who fabricates my PCBs to my artwork files, I sent him files by email attachment, for him to quote for 10 sets of PCB (3 different types of boards per set) I also asked him if he could turn them around quickly as my customer needed my product quickly.

The company looked at my files, and sent me a quote, which was highly misleading, where they quoted me on the first of the three boards layout.

The quote stated "quantity required 10 pcs," followed by " batch total 10 pcs" and then the price quoted was as "Circuit Price" and a figure of "£45.00"

So at no place on the quote did they clearly state that the price was for 1 single board or price per board.

So I looked at their quote and I thought that their price was rather quite keen at £45.00 for 10 boards, mentally I worked out it would be £4.50 per board which is quite keen price but not too far out from my expectation of about £6.50 to maximum £8.50 per board so being at £45.00 is near impossible for it to be price for one board, and i took it that their quote was definitely for 10 boards, so I sent them an email accepting their quote and asked them to proceed with my job.

Next day they sent me two more quotes for the other 2 boards in a similar manner, and again the quotation for board no 2 and board No 3 were received and these again quoted mentioned "Total Quantity 10," and " batch size 10" and "Circuit Price £38.00" and no where on their quote did they mention clearly price per board or for price each, so i took it for guaranteed that the price was for 10 boards again.
So I accepted their price and gave them a go ahead.

Apart from these boards there was going to be tooling charge of £50 per layout, so for 3 different layouts it would be £150.00 and £30 for shipping. so total for tooling for 3 layouts was £150 plus £30 plus VAT

A week later my printed circuit boards arrived, followed a week later invoices came through the post, and I was flabbergasted when I saw the total amount came to £1,650.00

I nearly fell off my chair, I picked the phone up and rang the company to explain that they must have made an error, sure the prices quoted were for a batch of 10 boards not per board, they said ok not to worry they will look into this and come back to me.

Next day they sent an email, saying that there was no error and the price they quoted was for each board and not for 10 boards and the reason it was very high was because i wanted my boards urgent.

So i replied that if I truly knew that their quote was as high as that, I would simply not have asked them to go ahead, and I even told them that I had my own capability to manufacture my own board in house but i just did not have the time, but I would certainly manufactured my own boards rather than at their price.

So I wrote back, there is no way on this earth that i am prepared to be taken for a ride even if my job was urgent, so I told them that that unless they off me a substantial discount, otherwise I will let a Court decide if their charges are reasonable or just pure extortion.

In the mean time I sent my PCB files to another independent PCB Manufacturer, and asked them to quote me on the bases of urgent requirement, they quoted me for all 3 boards per set and total of 10 sets supplied in 3 days for £37 per set or £370.00 for all 10 sets and single tooling charge of £80.00 and a courier charge of £15.00. OR they also offered the same job turned around in 5 days For £32.00 per set or total for 10 sets £320.00 plus VAT and tooling and courier

And they quoted me prices for other quantities too such as for 25 sets at £22.00 per set.

A few days later I received a settlement offer of knocking only 15% of the total from their £1650.00 (inc VAT) and I refused and told them that it was still way too high and I made them an offer to settle it for £1000.00 and conclude our dispute.

I also offered to place an order for 25 more sets of boards (75 boards in total) if they accept my offer, and so i need them to quote me for this 25 sets of boards and this time making sure their quote clearly states the price is per board or per set, and not just "Circuit Price"

I also sent them the other company's quote but removed their name from the quote.

They replied that they can't better their offer of 15% reduction and also quoted me for 25 sets at £27.00 per set of 3 boards turned around in 10 days.

The other company quoted for 25 sets as £22.00 per set of 3 boards and £80 for tooling and £15 for shipping turned around in 5 days.

I gave this new company a go ahead, and received my 25 sets of boards within 5 days, and have not heard from the previous company and yesterday they
sent me an email making another offer, no better than 20%, and I have refused again, I am happy ( well not actually I am very bitter ) but to conclude this night mare as I made them an offer of £1000.00 for something that should have cost me no more than £300.00.

Welcome to Rip off Britain.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/g...xt-door-neighbour.451932/page-2#ixzz3yrpsRphv

You say you were conned but didn't understand the quote. Rather than query it you assumed and then panicked after realising you had made a mistake. You asked for a quote, they provided and you reneged.

This is why we hate customers like you and OP. You perceive every problem as someone elses and assume no responsibility for your own actions.

Jon

The man is a fool.

A Fool was a job that was to entertain the higher classes, nobility and royals through means of comical gestures, entertainment or degrading themselves for amusement.

You could be right Dan, I did wonder why he always sought to entertain the RGI in here.

Jon

Ha ha ha ha ha ! carry on barking up the wrong tree both of you, silly dogs!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back