Rogue customer?

my sentiments as well.

works out at £50 an hour plus vat, too cheap in your area.

send him an invoice with 14 days to pay.

Sponsored Links
There are a few schmuks about, I've had one or two. Forget it and move on, be thankful you don't build conservatories or do ill thought through work. That can cost loads.

Then take the c**t to the small claims court on the internet. It's all done by post through Northampton Court.

If his meter is in an outside box go round one night and turn the gas off.Won`t get you your money but lesat he will be ****ed off and cold before he thinks to check it.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Makes you feel like that. Maybe a bit of Everflux growing green goo slowly in the pipe by the meter - should block it eventually..

Take anything not nailed down , gnomes, car wheels, shrubs- anything against or beyond payment within reason. Totally legal as no intention to permanently deprive. If he calls the police they will treat as civil dispute not theft. All you have to do is be careful not to damage stuff and as it isn't theft it isn't burglary either, so if you're in there and take it or enter without causing damage its no problem. Fek 'im.
Bit like being your own bailiff. I'll pop over the water if you like- I owe you some favours!

Emergency guys in my area are £75.00 callout plus £55.00 per hour plus vat
plus materials , he got a good deal, one of my customers who I couldn't get to paid £250.00 for a simple replacement stop tap, the guy wouldn't even fetch a new stop tap until they gave him some money first, I say again your customer got a good deal, if he wont be reasonable twaat the git.

A response is crystallizing- I'll let you know how he replies.

Meanwhile I called BG for their rates - gave up waiting for them to answer the phone after 10 minutes. And I called a local heating co. They couldn't go for a week, but their hourly rate is £30! This is half way between Surbiton and Wimbledon. He did emphasise that they charge time from leaving the base to arriving back and time fetching parts, but I was still surprised.

Just read BG's rates on another forum,

Non-contract customer £90 for call out, this gives you 45mins.

£16.75 per 15 mins after

plus parts

Blimey chris They must be the cheapest plumbers in London!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks curly that's what I was looking for. Which forum was that?

BG charges 2 different rates for first 45mins one for london(which by there map goes as far north as leicester and 3 years ago was £96) and one for rest of country which is £10 cheaper. Also at present they are doing(special offer) breakdown including parts for £130 for 1 fault if additional parts required this is charged extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back