More appalling Vaillant customer service

be expecting your customers to wipe your anus for you as well!:rolleyes:

You can't have everything in a plate you know that.o_O

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Haven't read through all the posts so probably been mentioned but my take on it is that it's so fookin annoying when u can't park outside the house or close, do I look like I want to cart my ****e across the road and 50m up the road? No thanks!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Haven't read through all the posts so probably been mentioned but my take on it is that it's so fookin annoying when u can't park outside the house or close, do I look like I want to cart my ****e across the road and 50m up the road? No thanks!!!
Depends if you have bills to pay and the bailiffs would be knocking on your door soon, oh but I am wrong, you guys are Gas man, never short of cash and can afford to walk away! Lol

( But, I know the feeling though when you can't park near, however it is builders who carry most heavy items and materials, as a service engineer you only need to carry a small tool kit unless you were an installer and had carry rads and boilers and big tools )

Last edited:
Depends if you have bills to pay and the bailiffs would be knocking on your door soon, oh but I am wrong, you guys are Gas man, never short of cash and can afford to walk away! Lol

( But, I know the feeling though when you can't park near, however it is builders who carry most heavy items and materials, as a service engineer you only need to carry a small tool kit unless you were an installer and had carry rads and boilers and big tools )

So u want me to carry the heat ex on my head and bucket and tubs in 1 hand plus toolbox in my other ? Oh and open the doors on my way in as customer winging its cold outside an your letting the heat out. yeah no problem. U get my jist.

Sponsored Links
you guys are Gas man, never short of cash and can afford to walk away! Lol
Yep you're right Mike. I've got so much money I wipe my a rse with 20 quid notes. According to the daily mail we all earn 100k+ a year. But try to keep it quiet. We wouldn't want the industry to get flooded with 4 week course cowboys would we;)

If you're working in London postcode areas , how often do you find a place to park near the customer? If it isn't metered, it will be a resident's parking zone.Nightmare!

If you're working in London postcode areas , how often do you find a place to park near the customer? If it isn't metered, it will be a resident's parking zone.Nightmare!

To be honest I went down there for a week for work a while back and to tell u the truth id rather quit and sign on the dole every week, the people were either rude, living in squalor, couldn't speak a word of English, or all of the above, but yes travel in general was horrendous.

It all depends on where the nearest bus stop is located.

I have one outside my house.

Not my choice and I would prefer to have the parking spaces back.

Tony

hand tools,step ladder or step up, stirrup pump, hose and bucket for draining boiler. box with leak detector fluid. analyser bag, dust sheet, dust pan and brush, vacuum cleaner,service pad.all in one pair of hands, done in one trip from the van to the property and back.

then you get 'WYHCYJ' (while you're here can you just?)

as for 'never short of cash'?
yeah.... took me ages to get a custom made roofrack for my GT4 for my ladders, my mrs is also reluctant to get her botoxxed arrsse out of bed to make my caviar butties ready for my first appt at 10am. just after I have dropped Tarquin and hermoine at the nursery.

bonk

D and g couldnt organise a shag in a brothel mate, the policy is with them, vaillant organise their own work and their service network is huge. D and g are just a small cog in that, and as said its up to u to organise parking. The first question they ask is parking easy and available. If u said yes u lied. But as said be very careful there are 2 engineers and 1 punter who slagged vaillant by mistake and they do prosecute keyboard warriors.

Can you explain how warranty work is split between Vaillant staff engineers and D&G ?

My view is that parking is essential for anyone visiting for boiler repairs. I can pick and choose who I go to but how do manufacturers and British Gas manage?

The only solution in many parts of London is to have a driver to drive the van around the local roads until the repair is fixed.

Many new developments in London have no nearby vehicle access available. They are made with no vehicle parking and occupiers are meant to use the bus. In many cases it can be 200m or more horizontally and many floors up to some flats!

In a nearby "affordable price" development they did have parking spaces which were sold for £15k initially and a year later the last few are now £25k. "Supply and demand" the agents say!

Tony

Can you explain how warranty work is split between Vaillant staff engineers and D&G ?

My view is that parking is essential for anyone visiting for boiler repairs. I can pick and choose who I go to but how do manufacturers and British Gas manage?

The only solution in many parts of London is to have a driver to drive the van around the local roads until the repair is fixed.

Many new developments in London have no nearby vehicle access available. They are made with no vehicle parking and occupiers are meant to use the bus. In many cases it can be 200m or more horizontally and many floors up to some flats!

In a nearby "affordable price" development they did have parking spaces which were sold for £15k initially and a year later the last few are now £25k. "Supply and demand" the agents say!

Tony

British Gas pay parking fines, you just park wherever and send the ticket off. A very high percentage are cancelled as long as they are received within the first 1-3 days of receiving it. Simples.

Life is hard for all other trades, but for the Gas Man it is real luxury and privileged. when I engaged local heating company to install new CH for me in Harlow rented house, they hanged 7 rads and all the piping work, made the flue and hung the boiler all in one and half days, and parted with £3,200.00, and I know the boiler was ideal logic for about £600.00 inc flue, and 7 rads for about £60 each so total say another £500, and add for a bundle of pipes for about £100, and a Megna flow fdilter for about another say £100, that brings materials to around about £1,500 in materials, and 3 lads then must have earned £1,700 between them for 1.5 days work!

That is £566.00 quid for each man for 1.5 days work, I am in a wrong trade, definitely. For this money, I wouldn't mind parking my car half a mile away if I have to as long as I have off loaded my tools, or even employ a trainee and pay him minimum wage just to drive around.

You making yourself look an idiot again Mike?

Seriously you haven't got a clue have you.

If I were you I wouldn't park half a mile from anywhere it'll be tiring having to carry that massive chip on your shoulder that distance.

Jon

Mike - how many of those Logics have you got at 600 including the flue? Also interested in the radiators at 60 notes each. Does that include the valves?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back