Organising garage?

Beef up the security on your garage. Up and over doors are very easy to open, I've seen a blow from a fist spring the lock.

Sponsored Links
Anyone know a cheap chest thing from B and q or somewhere? I could stick powertools in there.

Try 'Homebase' - I obtained one there recently at a good discount! (i've been impressed since they have been taken over by the Aussie's they have some really good stuff inat not to bad prices)

Beef up the security on your garage. Up and over doors are very easy to open, I've seen a blow from a fist spring the lock.

Hasp and Staple on bottom of door. Large padlock when mot in garage.
Hasp fixed to garage floor under the bottom edge of door, Staple to bottom of door with metal plate and lock nuts inside.

Got these two locks going into the rotten wood on edges. Wouldn't be too difficult to drill out the wood I reckon. The guy in the lock shop did say they're better than a central lock in ground because they can bend the side of garage out and squeeze in though.
15150114069411964836468.jpg
15150114202141224648273.jpg
15150115006072050644636.jpg

Sponsored Links
What about this chest thing for my petrol hedge cutters, blower and battery powered chop saw, drills, circular saw etc? 145cm x 62cm. Be ok for moisture, wouldn't it? With circular saw etc

15150152160931786656409.jpg

Try Freegle or Freecycle - people are often giving away chests etc. that can be of use in the garage.
to me £99 is way too much to spend on a box to store garden tools in - get some pallets and make one.

Re those side bolts, I'd put some 3mm+ metal strips down the side of the wood, with lots of big screws to prevent simple drilling out.

Hi
Try Freegle or Freecycle - people are often giving away chests etc. that can be of use in the garage.
to me £99 is way too much to spend on a box to store garden tools in - get some pallets and make one.

Re those side bolts, I'd put some 3mm+ metal strips down the side of the wood, with lots of big screws to prevent simple drilling out.

You mean metal strips on the outside side of the wood to the side of garage door. Maybe with thunderbolts attaching them to the masonry on the side?

1515107952422205442494.jpg
IThis is it now. Still need a box of chest for power tools in back right hidden by towel but much better. This is with more gardening stuff as well

Actually I was thinking more on the lines of the contents of this link
Yeah been thinking about one of those site boxes. They're expensive but think the only way a thief can get in is with an angle grinder which a thief won't want to use as it's too noisy. Have to bolt it to floor as well.

Last edited:
You don't need to bolt it to the floor, just fill it with tools. No-ones gonna lift it.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back