Original Baxi Barcelona Condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can i ask how long should a boiler last please.

Ours was one of the orig boilers that you had a goverment grant for,i would guess its about 10 years old.Its one of the orig baxi barcelona condensing boilers.

This evening its conked out there is no action from it at all,it doesnt switch on at all and i know its getting a supply.Was just thinking is it worth getting it repaired or should i dig deep and shell out for a new one as its 10 year old.

I would think its the pcb that has gone but cant be sure,im guessing i would be looking at a £200 repair which is a good size chunk of a new one ??.

Sponsored Links
well ! well !

freind of mine had one fitted 18 months

nust have had 15 warranty calls and the thing rebuilt at least twice

then threw it in the garage and fitted a vaillant

10 years must be some sort of record :LOL:

Blimey that makes me feel better :D :D .

But also sad in im facing a big bill on replacemet :eek: .

What would you reccomend as a good replacement????.

We live in a normal semi ,boiler is fitted in garage downstairs on a pressured system for rads.Also we use a hot water storage tank.

Anybody give us a decent model that has a good reputation.

Cheers

Alan

Seeing as we use a hot water tank and a pump powered shower we do not want a combi condensing boiler.

Sponsored Links
Another quikie on subjuect.

Have condensing boilers got even more economical over the 10 years ???.

And also if you have a pump that runs quite a big shower head,can you have this run of a combi condensing boiler ????.

This currently runs from the storage tank.But was thinking if we can get rid of the storage tank to make more room it would be usefull.Hopefully the pump can run of a combi condensing boiler ??.

P.s

We do not have a direct water feed only to our house we have a shared feed from the road so basically when the neighbours water the garden are pressure drops.

This currently runs from the storage tank.But was thinking if we can get rid of the storage tank to make more room it would be usefull.Hopefully the pump can run of a combi condensing boiler ??.

nope it can't :cry:
P.s

We do not have a direct water feed only to our house we have a shared feed from the road so basically when the neighbours water the garden are pressure drops.

forget a combi

stick with the system you have ;)

Anybody give us somemore really reliable makes

Kevplumb you seem good on advice -is vaillaint your only choice of model ???.

Going to ring a plumber today so wouldnt mind telling him which model instead of getting ripped off.

vaillant are good wb are good

the baxi's don't seem to bad now

depends on what you want to spend

and remember any boiler is only as good as the installation

which tbf you must have had a good installer last time ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back