Orisec alarm (badged as CSM) - controlplus app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
Had this alarm fitted and have an iOS app called ControlPlus which works with the system inside the house.

The alarm has a Wi-fi connection to my router.

Outside the house, the app doesn’t function. It can’t connect.
Does anyone know how to configure the control unit or the app to work remotely ?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Who fitted it ?
I know they only sell to authorised installers , so get them back

if it works inside the house only then I suspect it is only working on the local network so that could be port forwarding.

unfortunately these systems are sold to installers only and its even more closed than that, ie as an installer if I an installer doesn't buy from them they don't offer them support, or at least that's what they told me.

You should go back to the installer, if they don't or wont help you give us a shout and I will see if I can help but cant make any promises.

told its cloud based, so should work from anywhere.

so I would check your mobile data connection, as there shouldn't be a local connection option.

Sponsored Links
@secureiam thanks for the help. I bought it from CSB services, the package gives us one year app use included in the price. I’m wondering if they haven’t updated my account hence why it won’t work remotely.

I’ll call them in morning and let you know, fingers crossed it’s just an oversight

Thanks

not sure you telling us the full story, there is a big difference between renewal of a service and it not working full stop etc etc.

although didn't realise the app was a year old already?

How long have you had it?

It’s not that I’m not telling full story, I’ve only had this system in a week so still figuring it out. I was told that with the installation it comes with one year of app service included. The app works well when I’m at home but if I try to connect remotely it has an error message (see below)

260A0A56-85C7-49E2-84B5-789FCD9EAE8A.png

Yeh I just downloaded it this week. In the settings I can’t see any way of inputting an IP address or anything so I’ve no idea how it’s meant to work remotely, but the app details in the App Store shows it does.
Can’t find very much online at all about this app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back