Osma overflow pipe compatibility.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody have any suggestions for being able to adapt a length Osma overflow pipe to the overflow standpipe in the WC. The usual stuff (21.5mm) is slightly smaller than Osma. Does a coupler exist that brings the two sizes together. Is it plausible to connect the standard size pipe into an Osma coupler and pack it out with LSX?

Would appreciate any comments, cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
You could expand the Osma pipe to create a socket for the 21.5mm pipe by gently heating the pipe end (say 20 mm of it) until it's soft and then pushing in the smaller pipe. Providing the joint points downwards it will be perfectly adequate.

Thanks guys. I will try to get a suitable coupler from the plumbers' merchants. If not available I will try heating it. Cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
How much smaller is the pipe? Is it not feasible to use [lots of] solvent cement?

I had that problem today..no shops open. It was on a vertical section though. I just sawed a connector along its length. slipped it over the osma and packd out the smaller section with some ptfe tape and then glued it all together. I then ended up with a parallel slot. Wrapped the whole joint in ptfe and wiped glue over it.

It looked a neat job. Not at all professional but needs must. Had to change part of the overflow pipe as the gun got a bit close to it!

Bet I get some interesting opinions! Should have thought about warming the end bit!

If you heat the pipe and stretch it the size will shrink :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back