osma soil pipe cap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been looking and looking but cant seem to find what i need to cap this hole up with, it was used for a now redundant 68mm downpipe...

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Depending on size of hole, if 68mm then it's a case of shoving a plastic bag in the end and making good with concrete or mortar to seal, if 110mm then caps are readily available.

Pic tells a 100 words, where did that come from? :LOL:

Rubber 'Boss Adaptor' and appropriate sized cap to fit in it. For security (boss adaptor is push fit) wrap a cable tie around to hold it in place. Alternatively, you may be able to track down a different type of boss adaptor (Terrain is one manufacturer) that will glue onto the outside, and fit cap to suit. Neither option particularly pretty though!

(Or the part in Madrab's link. ;) )

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help guys...

£15 delivery from that place!!

will pop to the local plumb center, hopefully they have something the same...

as there doesnt seem to be any 68mm boss apapters available.

Where have you got the 68mm from? That is a standard sized boss, (the waste pipe on the left in picture is connected using a standard boss adaptor.) 68mm is rainwater downpipe size, and is not compatible with waste sizes.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Dont see any reason why that wont suffice, assuming it'll fit! ;) Size does matter, 68mm is rainwater pipe size, and the fittings available are rather limited, whereas with waste (at 32, 40 and 50mm) options are a lot wider. Had a couple of queries recently about joining waste to rainwater, it cannot be done as no-one makes a fitting to join the two, for important reasons... :LOL:

Yup, it sure should, just the same as miner minus the cross
The link I sent was just to give an idea of what to use rather than get it from them as I got mine from a local merchant, never even checked their delivery costs :eek:
Just make sure the plastic is nice and clean, even a little rub up with some fine sandpaper and then a lick of silicon before attaching would nail it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back