osmadrain inspection chamber cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I wonder if anyone can help please. I need to replace this drain cover which is on a shared driveway, but I can't seem to locate a 310mm cover. Would a 320mm with frame be okay, it's very possible I've measured it wrong (photo attached)
I don't mind if it's osma drain brand or not so long as it does the job.
Many thanks!
Leanne

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    772.2 KB · Views: 1,517
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There may be a part number on it somewhere, it will start with 4D. Followed by 3 numbers.

Either take the part number or the photo to a Wavin (Osma) stockist and they will sort you out.

Wavin / Osma below ground stockists include Travis Perkins, Keyline some Jewson branches

Thank you. I've already contacted Waivin, TP, Jewsons, and Wickes.

Annoyingly there's no part number on it anywhere, I can only assume it was on the part which smashed and disappeared down the drain.

Might have to call in the professionals :(

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I've seen this one, but

A) the existing one has a diameter of 310mm, and this is 250mm. Am I measuring it incorrectly, or is it the size of the drain not the diameter of the cover?
B) it's rated for pedestrian use only, and it's on a drive shared between five cars. But if it solves the immediate problem I guess it would be OK for the short term?

Sorry if I'm being a bit of an idiot about all this :D

It goes on the diameter of the chamber below, I'd be 99% sure that's the cover you need. These are only pedestrian rated, if you're running over it with vehicles it's not going to last long.

That cover should never have been fitted in an area subject to traffic movement, I think the only proper solution would be to lower the chamber slightly and fit a heavy duty cover over the lot, which will probably be a job for the pro's. Need to cut out the tarmac, cut the chamber down to suit, then lay a concrete pad, onto which the new cover and frame are bedded, then make good the tarmac.

Thank you Hugh.

I'll purchase the one from TP as a remedial solution. The other residents will have to chip in for something more long term :)

It's really frustrating as its you can't avoid driving over them due to their positioning, and with five vehicles coming and going all day no wonder they're broken. Its a purpose built car park and there are garages in it, so the builders really had no excuse not to use vehicle rated ones.

Really appreciate your input. Thank you :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back