Our Wiki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although one can get to 'our' Electrics UK wiki, by clicking on "Wiki" at the top of any page, we have lost the link to it (and "Please look at Wiki before posting question") message which used to appear at the top of the list of forum posts. I have suggest that admin restore that for us.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Hi John, this will be 're-added', I added the functionality for it in the test forum stage, but the links need to be re-created since things were reset and restarted, it is on my todo though.

Would now not be an opportune time to lose the old stickies, leaving just one repository for people to reference?

We need a big section in RED, at the top of the list of threads, marked FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, to distinguish it from the ordinary threads. And in this section we need lighting circuit diagrams and pictures of MCBs, RCBOs and RCCBs.

What do you think of the new forum? Suppose we'll get used to it!

Sponsored Links
We need a big section in RED, at the top of the list of threads, marked FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, to distinguish it from the ordinary threads. And in this section we need lighting circuit diagrams and pictures of MCBs, RCBOs and RCCBs.
No, we need to get rid of all the FAQ/sticky/WYWTCT topics and have ONLY the Wiki. Even though the package used for it is pants.

I can't help thinking folk will take more notice of something headed FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS than something that sounds more educational. People don't like learning, they want facts quickly.

I can't help thinking folk will take more notice of something headed FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS than something that sounds more educational.
No reason not to have a big as you like, red as you like, link, called (if you like) Frequently Asked Questions.

People don't like learning, they want facts quickly.
Then they can just go away, for such an attitude is unacceptable.

Our Wiki, which art at the top,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy forum come.
Thy will be viewed in the lounge,
As it is in range of the wifi.
Give us this day our daily help.
And forgive us our rants,
As we forgive them that rant against us.
And lead us not into temptation (mentioning no names),
But deliver us from evil (mentioning no names again).
For thine is the General Discussion,
The Wiki, and the sticky (OK, maybe not the sticky),
For ever and ever (or at least until the website goes down).
Amen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back